Director - Ecommerce Performance (Acd)
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
: Ecommerce & Digital MarketingDivision: Active Cosmetics DivisionSupervisor Title: SVP, Digital Marketing & Ecommerce Location: New York, NY
Ecommerce Performance Director, Active Cosmetics Division
The Ecommerce Performance Director will lead the ACD Digital Solutions team which is comprised of digital technologists responsible for web development, site merchandising, UX testing (A/B, multi-variate), SEO, and digital analytics. The purpose of this team is to drive ecommerce platform performance, and provide onsite consumer insights to help brand ecommerce teams drive conversion and accelerate sales. S/he will ensure that the Active Cosmetics Division DTC sites (SkinCeuticals.com, La-RochePosay.com, Dermablend.com, Vichy.com) meet L'Oreal USA and industry best practice standards for SEO site setup (meta tagging, site speed, backlink references, etc.), overseeing internal and external teams to implement site enhancements and visual merchandising tasks, and partnering with Digital IT on all backend related initiatives.
The Ecommerce Performance Director will serve as a member of the ACD Digital Leadership team under the SVP of Digital Marketing & Ecommerce. S/he will work closely with the SVP of Digital Marketing , Director of Ecommerce, and brand site leads to develop a strategic roadmap of DTC site enhancements and onsite marketing events. S/he is a consumer-focused, analytical content marketing professional who is a skilled communicator. S/he has a proven track record of building and developing a team of diverse individuals. Professional development of the Digital Solutions team members is an essential part of the role. As Digital Solutions team leader, the key areas of responsibility include:
Web Development and Merchandising Project Management
- Oversee internal ACD Web Development lead and Site Merchandising lead
- Ensure the transition of ACD DTC websites onto the next generation L'Oreal Salesforce Commerce Cloud ecommerce platform with quality and on schedule.
- Partner with L'Oreal Digital IT on all technical integration projects.
- Brand Point of Contact and budget manager for technology partners and tools.
- Collaborate with external and internal partners to analyze requirements and create/maintain project documentation including scoping docs, user stories, interaction flows and use cases.
Site UX and performance
- Ensure all website user experience is developed in a mobile and SEO-centric manner.
- Introduce and oversee A/B and multivariate testing tools and strategies for continuous user experience optimization.
- Ensure site load time goals are met
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for testing and site optimization that can be used and scaled across the ACD portfolio and empower brands to better create and optimize eCommerce channel strategies.
- Adapt and cultivate a "measurement as a religion" mindset across teams and brands.
Oversight of ACD SEO Manager to:
- Ensure that brand goals in organic search are met by implementing and enforcing SEO best practices
- Develop and ensure timely execution of brand website SEO roadmap
- Partner with internal L'Oreal USA (LUSA) SEO Excellence team to ensure all LUSA best practices for SEO are implemented
- Track site SEO performance for continuous optimization to ensure all SEO KPIs goals are met.
- Establish SEO keyword ranking priorities with brand teams
- Perform all keyword research via SEO provided tools to identify opportunities and optimization ongoing for brand website
- Manage SEO agency
- Brief SEO website updates (both technical and consumer copy) in JIRA for merchandiser to update on site
- Ensure all SEO copy is approved by brand and is legally compliant
- Ensure teams that have impact on SEO (Marketing, PR, Social, Global brand) comply with L'Oreal USA SEO guidelines (i.e., back-linking, site copy, content weight, etc.)
Oversight of Digital Analytics Manager to:
- Develop and maintain website performance dashboards and reporting
- Partner with Media and CRM teams on DTC campaign measurement
- Leverage data to identify opportunities to improve site conversion rate through consumer behavior analytics
Required proficiency in the use of the following platforms/tools:
- Significant website Platform experience such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud (preferred), Sitecore, Magento, etc.
- SEO tools: BrightEdge, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Moz, OnCrawl or similar
- Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Google Tools: Google Search Console, Adwords Keyword Planner, Webmaster Tools, Google Trends, PageSpeed Insights
- Project Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence
- UX Design Collaboration Tools such as InVision
- Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Teamwork and Collaboration
: Able to work in cross-functional teams within and across multiple brands. Ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively with IT, CMO Ecomm Excellence team, and ACD brand ecommerce teams. Work closely with central CDMO team to ensure ACD follows L'Oreal best practices in site technology.
: Able to strategically prioritize business initiatives based on factors such as added value, level of effort, and cost. Candidate must be able to establish priorities and clearly communicate them to stakeholders to ensure full alignment on prioritization and timing.
As the technical expertise for the brands will lie with this position, it is imperative that the candidate be able to clearly articulate to a non-technical team of stakeholders both verbally and written. Additionally, must be able to articulate strategy and results to executive level team. Must be comfortable presenting sometimes-complicated material to a non-technical audience.
: Needs to be able to take initiative to collaborate with a variety of internal L'Oreal partners and 3rd party partners. Must develop strategic relationships to ensure the brands have appropriate support for ACD digital initiatives.
Able to analyze consumer engagement data on website and identify opportunities to improve consumer experience. Will roll-up sleeves in the analytics process.
Ideal candidate will have an expert level understanding of web development methodologies and tools.
Candidate must have strong SEO acumen with proven experience improving the organic search positioning of a brand website.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.