Director, Field Sales, Mac - Chicago
Country : USA
State : Illinois
County : Cook County
Town : Chicago
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Lead Field Executive Sales Managers and sales teamsby ensuring sharp focus on execution aimed at achieving sales growth andproductivity targets.
- Achieves profitable sales plans and increasesmarket share by achieving sales objectives and implementing education andmarketing strategies.
- Maintains sales volume and product mix by addingregional relevance to local education and marketing strategies withoutcompromising brand equity-stays current with consumer needs, changing trends,market segment, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Works with accounts groups to ensure market-levelstrategic and business objectives are met.
- Strategically partners with leadership of keyretailers to drive business and maximize market share.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementationof Brand and ELC company initiatives.
- Evaluates sales performance against investment andis accountable for profitable achievement of sales for assigned region.
- Collaborate with North America (NOAM) Education,Marketing Sales and Promotions Planning, Merchandising and Finance/Strategysharing appropriate consumer and sales information as the voice of MAC.
- Keep abreast of NOAM and Affiliate sales techniquesand apply learnings as appropriate.
- Execute annual sales strategy including buildingblocks and specific areas of focus; i.e. top market/top doors
- Develop and update retail and net-budget estimatesacross NOAM and identifies risk and opportunities to delivery of budget andlatest estimates.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting annualsales goals for regions and territories; while also aligning with centralteams. Maintain and grow our business partnership with
accounts, know and develop good working relationships
- with DMM's, Buyers, Cosmetic Department Managersand Store Management in partnered locations, mall management, andSpecialty-Multi.
- Work with Account Management teams in thepreparation of meeting materials, i.e. analysis of business YTD vs. plan and bydoor projections for the future season; staffing and inventory analysis,marketing/event calendars with results. Maintain Consumer Experience 30% of time
- Understands the needs of the changing consumer- bybrand, region and markets.
- Collaborates with central brand teams to createfield action plans to differentiate brand in region amongst competitors.
- Identify shifting consumer behaviors to alignteam's strategy with consumer expectations.
- Drive digital outreach, enabling select staffmembers to become digital ambassadors
- Maintains a consumer -centric service focus amongstall stores in the region. Educate field teamsto create brand's service experience for Consumers.
- Understand consumer shopping patterns and monitortrends.
- Lead the implementation of Consumer Engagementstrategies to maximize client loyalty through service experiences.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of COEs by teams tobetter support and enable focus on consumer by teams. Develop Staff: 20% of time
- Provide direction to Field Executive Sales Managersensuring corporate objectives are communicated and met. Lead staff byrecruiting, selecting, orienting, developing and appraising performance. Buildsa consumer-oriented entrepreneurial team that is knowledgeable on MAC service and artistryexpectations.
- Develop the talent and capabilities throughaccompanying store visits, regular management meetings and one-on-ones to helpothers strive for excellence and reach their highest level of contribution. Actively seek feedback from stakeholders(e.g. retailers) and prioritize the need to identify and develop thecapabilities within the team.
- Champion of brand field culture and protection ofbrand equity at the point of sale. Constant elevation of the execution andskills of the field team.
- Drive innovation in education delivery, deployingdigital/ social network tools to extend reach, improve pace and increaserelevance
- Cascades sales, education and market strategies tofield and stores to align and engage teams in the vision.
- Partner with central education teams to develop andhost relevant brand, product, and skills seminars. Partner with Human Resources to ensure top
talent development and succession planning
- Solidunderstanding of sales, product knowledge, events, operations, retail cultureand cosmetic industry.
- Strong sales leadership experience with provenresults in driving sales growth and results.
- Able to lead, inspire and motivate a large,geographically dispersed sales leadership teams and establish a clear salesvision -build top talent for competitive advantage.
- Understanding of brand products and the attributesthat drive consumer purchasing behavior in channels supported.
- Strong communication skills to represent the voiceof the Field and capture both consumer and field learnings to communicate torelevant stakeholders.
- Createand maintain strategic partnership with Retailers, Brands, COE functions andPOS employees.
- Deep understanding of the retail market and currentbeauty trends.
- Ability to see problems and develop action plans toget past them (inventory/stock issues, staff performance, turnover, logisticalissues related to events, etc.)
- Enthusiastic mentor and strategic thinker
- Charismatic individual with strong negotiation andcommunication talents
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborativeenvironment with multi-unit management skills.
- Availability to work key business hours includingweekends.
- Must have a valid driver's license to operate ELCFleet vehicle.