Director - Finance (Corporate Budgets)
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Union County
Town : Berkeley Heights
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Invigorate your career by joining one of L'Oréal's family of four divisions, over three dozen global brands and multiple classes of trade. With opportunities for professional mobility across six continents and the ability to transition between business functions, categories and teams, the world's #1 Beauty Company is a destination for any self-entrepreneur to enjoy a lifetime of diversified career experiences. If you are passionate and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced professional environment, apply to L'Oréal Finance today and join our crusade as we fuel the most beauty brands in the world!
Director, Finance for Corporate Budgets
is key to ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting and planning via proactive collaboration with key business partners. Role has direct responsibility for budget, trends, and actual reporting of profit and loss results for North America Zone. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, creating/updating budget and trend documentation for presentation to senior management - both domestic and abroad, serving as the contact division support groups concerning planning and reporting financial activity, and ensuring compliance of financial procedures. Role is also responsible for analysis of the Selling General & Administrative expenses of the Profit & Loss statement for the North America Zone. Additionally, this role is also responsible for sales reporting/consolidation for all North America business units.
- Direct the coordination and administration of reporting of actuals, as well as budget/trends, and other working scenarios/simulations. Responsible for associated presentations to senior management
- Responsible for consolidation, validation, preparing & reporting on Executive meetings
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and transmission of a variety of divisional finance reports in accordance with reporting requirements
- Inform senior management and finance team about financial conditions within their assigned area as necessary
- Liaison with central teams in France, as well as local divisional & operations teams.
- COMPASS (TM-1) management of actual/budget/trend data, as well as publication of monthly management reporting documents
- Liaison with Finance teams of North America (US & Canada) for trouble shooting and sharing of best practices
- Ad hoc analyses as requested by CFO and senior management.
- Additionally responsible for Zone consolidation reporting of sales and consolidations
- Maintaining and issuing key documents for senior management from reporting systems and ad hoc analysis
- Controllership responsibilities for Selling General & Administrative portion of the Profit & Loss statement for North America Zone - including "deep dive" analysis and reporting
About the Team:
L'Oreal USA Corporate Zone team has a unique dynamic - working both international and domestic business partners across multiple functions and levels of management. Our Zone Finance team directly supports L'Oreal North America Zone CFO and CEO, as well as partnering with divisional heads of finance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- MBA/CPA preferred.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills required; must have expert-level experience with Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Financial reporting experience and use of SAP & Compass (TM1) experience preferred
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate people
- Strong oral and written communication skills a must
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.