Director, Global Leadership Development
The Director, Global Leadership Development will lead the design, development and implementation of leadership and high-potential development programs across Tiffany & Co. With strong competencies in place and a set of binding cultural values, our top priority is building build the leadership capability of Tiffany's global retail, manufacturing, and corporate groups' talent. The role will be responsible for building on the Tiffany philosophy and framework for talent development across the global enterprise, envisioning and executing a global leadership development platform of training programs and critical leader experiences for the Tiffany global workforce. Building upon an established set of management development programs (listed below), the role will also require envisioning and building a globally sustainable new set of programs and a toolkit for regional trainers to execute and customize to their regions. The role involves organizational diagnosis, instructional design, advising, facilitating, and delivering development solutions to leaders and the broader business, both directly and in partnership with the Global HR Training network and HR Generalists, and through collaboration with key functional and regional partners. The role requires thought leadership, strategic thinking, leadership presence, expertise in instructional design and a track record of stellar facilitation to influence senior management and engage a diverse global workforce.
- ANNUAL LEADERSHIP CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY FOR RETAIL - Gather data to determine needs and current local offerings for regional and functional training - Annual assessment and audit of training gaps filled / remaining - in partnership with regional trainers - Annual plan of training offerings provided in partnership with local trainers and HRGs globally by region and function - Current program evaluation, analysis and enhancements, as well as modularizing our current infrastructure of programs for more nimble deployment / refreshing with opportunities to build pre- and post- engagement strategies - Future program visioning and execution in partnership with Business Leaders and key stakeholders, HR Business Partners, global trainers, Global Learning & Development Team, etc. It is critical that program participants receive guidance and recommendations to drive continued career engagement, so they can apply their leadership skills on the job. Therefore, this role will also be responsible for creating opportunities for program participants to stay connected, pay it forward, invest in career engagement, and connect to networks, content, thought leadership materials, virtual and live events, special projects to leverage reciprocal knowledge and experience sharing, mentoring/reverse mentoring, coaching, learning through collaboration, and working together to solve business challenges, etc.
- LEADERSHIP CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT FOR CORPORATE GROUPS and MANUFACTURING EMPLOYEES -Determine the current and ongoing needs and effectiveness of our leadership and management development programs. Determine the strategy for program deployment and facilitation, ensuring the most effective plans for engaging the organization outside of retail in learning experiences that follow an intentional curriculum set by this role.
- DEVELOP INNOVATIVE PROGRAMS -Based on aforementioned strategy for global leadership development across the organization with input from our talent management database (e.g. Performance Management ratings, Bench strength data, talent summit input), begin to innovate and raise the bar on our set of offerings to the organization through innovation and strategic planning) - Collaborate on innovative programs to meet the needs of the business with a focus on creating highly-effective and engaging learning experiences including blended solutions such as face-to-face and virtual, e-learning/multimedia (non-technical content development), webinars, peer group activities, reading assignments, etc. Create all collateral for programs to include visuals, activities, participant materials, leader's guides, discussion guides, etc. - Based upon determined global strategy, create new leadership development programs including but not limited to a high potential global training program.
- LEAD and PARTNER EFFECTIVELY -Lead a team of instructional designers and facilitators (internal and external to Tiffany) to execute on global strategic plan and design / deliver prioritized programs for each region and function - Work closely with region / function heads and regional trainers & global HR Generalists to determine the best annual plan for localized leadership development - Manage aspects of large and small scale program implementation including vendor management, content and materials development and communication strategy - Partner closely with Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Management and other functions within Global Talent to integrate with and enhance all processes and programs across the Talent Lifecycle.
- MEASURE -Establish meaningful methods and metrics and monitor program impacts against them - Measure the impact of all existing programs to determine prioritization for annual planning. Determine the right metrics for ongoing assessment and decision-making - Measure interest by region/function to determine spend and deployment - Measure outcomes, impacts on the business and opportunities for improvement. Continuously enhance program content and materials based on feedback from participants, as well as business landscape and culture changes.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience and proven success designing and delivering leadership and management programs; Expertise with adult learning theory and instructional design certification a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly managing a team delivering leadership and management programs.
- Broad understanding of and experience envisioning and designing robust leadership development initiatives under a clear framework using various implementation methodologies.
- Understanding and experience integrating leadership development programs into a holistic talent management framework, including succession management.
- Strong leadership and management skills leading virtual and diverse teams.
- Expert facilitation skills and knowledge and experience designing and implementing innovative, premiere leadership development solutions.
- Proven experience creating measurement strategies to determine program effectiveness and business impact.
- Expert presenter with the ability to influence and educate leaders on leadership development including the purpose of leadership development, the role leaders play in developing other leaders and the activities needed to support effective leadership development; superior verbal and written business communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear,concise reports and presentations that are understandable by the target audience.
- Can effectively manage change and can shift gears comfortably; highly effective in ambiguous environments and able to produce maximum results with little direction and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage external and internal resources and a people network to execute quickly, effectively and consistently in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills; proven research skills to gather data, best practices, and points of view to ensure sound judgment.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and budgets associated with leadership and management development.
- Team leadership experience in a global working environment is a priority. Superior collaborative working abilities and experience; ability to manage multiple complex assignments, with proven ability to assess competing priorities in a high energy, fast paced environment in geographically dispersed organization.
- Confidence interacting with senior-level leaders and influence / persuasion track record to build and gain buy-in for a global GLD agenda and curriculum.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while balancing quality with on-time delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a global environment.
- Negotiates well in difficult situations, with a deep sensitivity to cultural and regional differences.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with and influence people at all levels of the organization. Preferred Requirements:
- Instructional design certification
- Master’s degree in OD/IO psychology
- HR Generalist experience
- 360, MBTI, Firo B, Hogan Suite and other assessment certifications