Director of Cosmetics Business Initiatives: Bloomingdale’s, New York, ny
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- 4 year college degree.Communication Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner.Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.We build meaningful relationships with our customers, our partners and each other. Balance creativity and commerce. Leverage both analytics and intuition to accelerate innovation. Through strategy, process improvement and innovation the Director of Cosmetics Business Initiatives will be an integral team member in what drives and determines our success as a business. The Director of Cosmetics Business Initiatives is responsible for driving sales and is a subject matter expert. As a member of the central cosmetics division you will execute holistic, enterprise-wide cosmetics strategies through education, collaboration and influence. In this role you will be responsible for negotiating vendor support to drive productivity and sales through strategic staffing, effective relationship management, elevated in-store service experiences, and innovative selling strategies. Through a collaborative approach you will work with vendor partners and our staffing and stores team to reimagine the instore cosmetics experience for our customers. Our ideal candidate is a strategic business owner, who demonstrates agility in response to changing priorities, and is a strong project manager who is adept at forging cross-functional relationships. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create and execute holistic cosmetic business driving strategies that lead to improved sales, productivity and service for our customers.
- Partner with vendors and stores to elevate in-store experience through unique and innovative customer experiences, staffing and improve the productivity of our selling floors by coordinating the execution of the floor planning process.
- Review, analyze and negotiate enterprise-wide staffing levels to maximize sales and ensure productivity. Work with vendors to revise as appropriate based on needs of the business and seasonality
- Collaborate with administrative staffing function within staffing organization to ensure process effectiveness and advocacy.
- Owns, organizes and leads all aspects of seasonal cosmetics stores meetings including content, scheduling, agenda, reporting, and travel logistics.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Act as a primary liaison with the vendor community as it relates to:
- Strategic staffing- increasing sales productivity by identifying and analyzing new and unique ways to effectively staff sales floors.
- Negotiate contract terms that yield best results for Bloomingdale's. Focus on improved sales productivity and profitability. Consistently and critically evaluate vendor contribution, commission structure etc.
- Vendor placement and sales floor set-up- strategically identify areas of opportunity within businesses to improve productivity, inclusive of new concepts, open sell, pop-up, experiences and events.
- Analyze staffing opportunities by store and guide initiatives to maximize sales and profitability.
Act as primary liaison with stores and central Bloomingdale's team as it relates to:
- Leads central cosmetics division for stores connectivity, ground intelligence and hind sighting for future recommendations. Provides central leadership to field cosmetics Trade Area Merchandise Managers, ensuring feedback loop, follow up and accountability.
- Responsible for ensuring two-way communication with stores and central partners. This includes reporting business overviews for key cosmetic events and promotions to department managers, monthly store conference call, compiling and reporting feedback from stores on events, as well as managing and maintain internal cosmetics communication site.
- Innovate and reimagine store event strategies-new ways to engage with our customers. Serve as a liaison to execute and evolve events, coordinating all internal resources.
- Lead and innovate cosmetics education and selling strategies. Partner with OCCX and L&D to build appropriate, cosmetics focused initiatives for our in-store selling associates.
- Above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to manage workflow independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Highly analytical and strategic.
- Collaborative relationship builder who acts as a connector and influencer to promote dialogue that garners buy-in across various functions and teams.
- Creative problem solver, with strong negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates maturity, and strong leadership presence with strong project management and multitasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner.