Director of Inventory Accounting
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Denton County
Town : Denton
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
Our Director of Inventory accounting is responsible for directing a team of accountants in managing the inventory and operational accounting department activities for domestic operations. Overarching responsibility for ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting for Sally domestic operations and selected corporate areas. In addition, responsibility for ensuring all statutory requirements are met and Sarbanes-Oxley assigned controls are designed and operating effectively. Finally, providing leadership to a team of 3 managers and multiple other professionals to support these processes and outputs.
- Ensures the accuracy of the financial reporting cycle regarding recognition of revenue stores, full service, trade shows and vendor participation - including reconciliations and Sarbanes-Oxley controls for domestic Sally, BSG and selected corporate functions. Coordinates with SEC reporting on new accounting guidance that impacts revenue recognition.
- Establishes and ensures compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices related to accounting for inventory in warehouses for the global operations and provides advice or makes recommendations for changes to policies as needed. Visits warehouses to ensure the compliance of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and practices. Work with users and IT to identify and resolve system issues.
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for the functional control over the department.
- Provides support and direction to the vendor co-operative agreements process, ensuring that income amounts are recorded consistent with accounting standards, contracts are properly supported and collectability of amounts is reasonably certain.
- Ensures practices are in place to produce reliable daily and weekly executive flash reports for global sales performance as well as critical metrics of sales reporting used for Form 10-Q and Form 10-K - same store sales, effect of foreign currency and related analysis.
- Responds to inquiries from senior management and the field organization related to accounting or control issues.
- Ensures practices and communications are in place to monitor and report on the movement of cash - at individual store level - through the revenue cycle, including any applicable coordination with Treasury, Loss Prevention and Store Management.
- Directs month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes, including journal entries, account analysis and internal reporting related to the inventory area including audit support. Assists with the financial statement preparation and disclosures as requested. Serves as the key contact with external and internal auditors.
- Ensures that accounting practices and policies are established and followed to provide financial performance of trade shows and similar related events.
- Develops inventory related reporting by researching and analyzing inventory data and distributing reports to management.
- Provides support to the field operations for special analyses or responses to questions.
- Develops management team of up to three managers or senior managers.
- 8+ years of accounting or finance experience.
- Experience in Accounting for International operations a plus.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Experience in accounting for multi-location retail operations a plus.
- Oracle and JDA Software experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong systems aptitude.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an on-site Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.