Director of Learning
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : DUBLIN
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Core skills and experience:
- Demonstrated abilities and results managing and building teams and collaborative partnerships.
- Proven track record leading a team of learning professionals and vendors in program design, development, implementation, measurement, and program management.
- Demonstrated abilities in planning, prioritizing, and organizing work and achieving results with efficient use of resources.
- Exceptional knowledge of and experience converting instructional design and learning theory into practical, actionable and impactful programs.
- Solid multi-platform facilitation skills required.
Other success factors for this candidate include:
- Comfort around senior leadership and negotiating priorities and resources.
- Ability to match personal work style and approach to a variety of subcultures and clients.
- Ability to network, make first contact, and build client relationships.
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to successfully multitask and meet all deadlines and customer demands.
- Commitment to continuous learning and development.
- Leadership: Own and execute the day to day management of learning staff including motivating, coaching, and growing direct reports. Manage the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research and business case development, reporting/analytics and evaluation approaches, including communicating strategy, recommendations and general updates to key stakeholders throughout the business. Provide oversight/input into the design, development, implementation and management of targeted programs or other general projects.
- Consulting: Partner with HR and business leaders to identify, develop, and implement solutions targeting employee development and overall talent management solutions (identify, select, develop, engage, and retain).
- Program Management and Support: Maintain and enhance a portfolio of existing and emerging learning programs and interventions through collaboration with clients and HR partners. Delivered within budget
- Content Development: Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns
- Facilitation: Deliver quality training programs and development experiences through various platforms and methodologies.
2 Sr. Managers Learning and Organization Development
Vendor/Consultant resources on key projects
- Organizational Agility
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Communication Skills
- Collaboration and Influence
- Customer/User Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced degree in Instructional Design, Learning, Leadership, Psychology, Organization Development, or other related fields preferred.
- Proven track record with at least 10 years of experience in training or client facing roles, with 3-5 years directly leading a team.
- Experience delivering learning in a highly distributed environment, retail experience is desirable
- Prior experience with enterprise diversity and inclusion training design and delivery is a plus
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.