Director, Risk Management
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : NEW YORK
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Negotiate and renew all insurance policies for various lines of coverage, with the objective of minimizing the total cost of the insurance program. Determines risk retention levels, aggregates and limits of insurance
- Own the process of identifying, measuring and managing insurable risks, developing reports and plans, and defining the implementation of risk solutions that optimize operations.
- Manage relationship with insurance brokers and insurance companies and drive coordination amongst external and internal stakeholders.
- Act as the insurance subject matter expert and advise internal teams on potential risks and coverage requirements for company initiatives.
- Assist with budgets, forecasts, and financial reports, including the analysis of annual insurance premiums, financial performance of insurance programs, and premium allocations.
- Review leases, contracts and other legal documents to evaluate appropriateness and assure compliance
- Oversee claims management, analyze loss data and identify corrective actions where possible.
- Reviews and analyzes exposure risks presented by claims and litigation and ensures establishment of appropriate liability reserves; participate on behalf of Coty Inc. at alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
- Reviews insurance billings against claims data to ensure detailed reconciliation.
- Track claims trends and safety narratives through business reviews with leadership.
- Liaison with the M&A team on all risk management related items
- 7-10 years of demonstrated experience in managing and directing large insurance programs or risk management programs is required
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and develop process efficiencies
- Strong presentation skills, particularly in the development of professional and thoughtful materials
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to drive key program and process improvements and effectively manage priorities and ambiguity
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and projects
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Special skills required:
- Licensed insurance industry professional a plus