Director, Store Finance & Analytics
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE:The Director of Store Finance and Analytics will be the key partner for senior leaders in Store Operations and the Field to answer the most important questions about store performance - sales, operational, and financial - and to proactively provide insights to help run the business better.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead regional store financial and performance reporting
- Direct supervision of Regional Finance Managers (RFM) to support the field organization
- Develop and prepare a regional performance dashboard and lead the review with executives during monthly business reviews
- Lead all financial and operational analysis to support store operations and drive profitability (store contribution)
- Collaborate with key partners in Store Operations to provide financial control, exception management, and operational direction.
- Partner closely with Regional Vice Presidents (RVP) and Senior Vice Presidents in the Field (SVP) on expense management and operational functions through the RFM group
- Regularly evaluate and seek feedback on the activities and reporting of the team to ensure field leaders are well-supported by this newly centralized/corporate function
- Lead executive-level store reporting analysis and report building
- Design and lead regular and ad hoc financial and operational analysis to understand drivers of performance, diagnose causes of weak performance and identify root causes of changes in performance trends. Examples include drill down sales analysis, macro-economic analysis, store operating metric analysis, and competitive analysis
- Develop materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights on recommendations to mid and C-level executives
- Lead aspects of Store Budgets that require field input
- Partner with other members of the Store Finance team to develop field-driven inputs to store payroll, expense, capital, and G&A budgets
- Support submissions from the field, consolidating their responses and sharing summaries and insights with Store Finance
- Partner with the field on any needed iterationsCOMPETENCIES:
- Building Effective Teams
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- Organizational Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Communicates Effectively
- Plans, Aligns & PrioritizesQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of work experience in a combination of strategy, finance, and/or operations roles (strategy consulting, investment banking, business operations, retail, or equivalent fields), with 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Distinctive problem solving, analysis skills, and business judgment. Comfort with data modeling and reporting; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical aptitude and experience with Excel and other tools. Proven ability to quickly learn new systems, programs, and financial models.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data to wide audiences, including executives, and build clear, concise presentations
- Ability to build relationships and trust with Field/Operational leaders, balancing support with financial control
- MBA strongly preferredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc. Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Regional Finance ManagersDISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.