Director, Technical Accounting And Reporting
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Centric Brands is looking for a dynamic, creative and resourceful Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting to join its team. This individual must be a self-starter and team player who takes initiative, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is excited about joining a team on a journey to accelerate transformation across Centric Brands.
This position will be responsible for providing technical accounting support to senior management and business unit controllers, including evaluating accounting, financial implications of complex transactions, and supporting conclusions. The position will collaborate with business unit and functional teams for the end-to-end process in producing the consolidated financial statements and related disclosures as required by U.S. GAAP and stakeholders. Additionally, this position will keep abreast of emerging SEC guidelines and new and proposed U.S. GAAP accounting standards to determine the potential disclosure implications to Centric Brands' financial statements.
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of all financial compliance requirements (e.g. Monthly, Quarterly and Annual financial statements)
- Oversee the review and preparation of all related consolidated financial statements, related notes, and management discussion and analysis.
- Oversee and ensure accurate filing of regulatory reports required by various government agencies such as the Federal Reserve Bank of NY, US Department of Commerce, US Census Bureau and the SEC as applicable
- Responsible for lease accounting, debt and related accounting and other technical accounting processes as appropriate
- Assist in reviewing business process controls and reconciliations.
- Liaise with external auditors, legal counsel, Investor Relations, Communications and various other team members.
- Responsible for the preparation and adherence to the quarterly and annual detail close calendar and monitor adherence to the calendar.
- Liaise with technology team in support of the applications supporting external financial reporting for security and access.
- Recognizes researches and resolves SEC and GAAP reporting issues and is aware of emerging accounting standards and SEC Rules and Regulations.
- Provide training and development to the broader finance organization, where relevant.
- Assist in various special projects for the Controller.
- CPA or currently working towards obtaining a CPA certification.
- 12+ years of progressive experience in accounting function
- Superior technical analytical skills.
- Current and in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, including SEC Reporting.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and BPC preferred.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.