Distribution Center Area Manager
Country : USA
State : Tennessee
County : Shelby County
Town : Memphis
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Tuesday-Friday 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
Tuesday-Friday 5:00 PM-3:30 AM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 PM-6:00 AM
As an Area Manager, you will lead and influence the input/output of employees' production. You will actively listen and address employees' concerns. You'll work in harmony with the Flow Support Center in order to make the best business decisions. You'll process multiple demands to maximize Distribution Center's output. You'll conduct follow up meetings and be pro-active in assessing the quality of work performed by employees. You'll provide your team with proper procedures and resources needed to attain results. You will manage your departmental budget; update Production/Status Report daily. Monitor, review and research Kronos and Control Plus reports daily to assure the accuracy of your team production records and paychecks. Maintain high level of floor presence in order to direct the flow of work and make the necessary movement of the team. You'll counsel employees on conflicting issues while interacting with HR for best solutions and documenting results. Also you'll attend workflow meetings to plan strategy, discuss pertinent information and share best practices with teammates.
- 3 plus years of experience managing employees required
- Working knowledge of automated distribution systems, departmental budgets, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- PC skills required, experience with Excel, Word, SAP, DCMS and Kronos would be a plus.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines required.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work as a team member, handle confidential matters in a professional manner, and lead and influence others to accomplish operational objectives.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills, ability to embrace and promote others' ideas, motivate employees, build and maintain working relationships and stay focused.
- Must understand and foster a diverse workforce.
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice before or after scheduled shift.
- Must have ability to access all areas of the warehouse and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.