Distribution Center Merchandise Control Manager
Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Compton
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Hire, terminate, coach and counsel exempt and non-exempt Associates
- Challenges business decisions that could affect bottom line sales, markdowns, shrink, and gross margin
- Procedural changes or exceptions as they relate to quality control
: DC Merchandise Control Manager DATE: June 2016
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITLES
- Manages and ensures the standards of merchandise and quality control are continuously upheld within the Distribution Center
- Drives the Quality Awareness Program through Leadership Competencies
- Exhibits a strong clear understanding of Brand, Fashion, Quality, and Price requirements and how each component influences the uniqueness of the business
- Accurately determines staffing and other needs to support the business
- Collaborates with DC Operational Management to understand all priorities and ensures business goals are timely achieved
- Works with Distribution Services and Planning to understand merchandising business strategies and interprets these strategies to all levels
- Identifies and communicates Vendor opportunities to improve merchandise flow and speed to market
- Manages and monitors inventory/operational controls to prevent shrink and damages. Participate in quarterly purges and annual inventories.
- Oversees the proper and timely execution of ads, LPRs, damages, and RTV's in order to drive profitable sales and gross margin
- Educates our business partners on the off price business model and coordinates and oversees the Quarterly Product Awareness Weeks
- Manages and supports a comprehensive training program that supports the Store Ready and Vendor Compliance business goals
- Manages AC & MC hours as outlined in the budget to help drive CPU
Developing Talent and Effective Teams:
- Builds effective teams through selection, training, and ongoing development while maintaining company culture.
- Continually looks for opportunities to develop staff. Makes training and development a priority. Coaches and counsels as needed.
- Influences staff to think beyond the needs of the individual parties they interact with on a day-to-day basis (i.e. Planning, Operations, Staff) to achieve optimal results of the business. Influences beyond own team.
Number of Associates reporting to this job.
Exempt: 2- 4 Non-Exempt: 20-30
Job skills required to perform this job:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Analytical/critical thinking skills
- Technology skills
- People development skills
Previous positions which could prepare an individual for this job:
- Area Operations Manager
- DC Supervisor/ MC Supervisor
- Associate Planner/Planning Manager
- Store Merchandise Coordinator
- Store Manager
Manager of Merchandise Control
We're reinventing retail and helping people discover that next find that's going to be their new signature look. You can be a part of their journey to look amazing.
Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different. In fact, that's what it's like throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Merchandising, Distribution, Manager, Fashion Retail, Compliance, Retail, Operations, Management, Fashion, Legal
- 3-5 years management or merchandising