Distribution Center Operations Area Manager - 2nd Shift
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Burlington County
Town : Westampton
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Founded by Vince Camuto in 2001, Camuto Group is a global business that designs, develops and distributes fashion footwear and accessories. Our extensive global capabilities include design and product development, sourcing, and distribution and logistics. Above all, we are brand builders with expertise in licensing, marketing and public relations.
Camuto Group's business strategy is informed by the values of our founder, leader, and friend, Vince Camuto. Over a 50-year career in the footwear industry, Vince developed a unique understanding of his customers and their love of shoes. His insights helped him create an endless string of popular products, as well as strong, trusted, and dynamic brands. In addition to his close relationships with the consumer, Vince was revered by industry retail, license, and production partners.
At Camuto Group we strive to do business with our founder's passion, integrity, and loyalty. Like him, we commit ourselves to delivering the highest quality products, most consistent branding, and unsurpassed value.
As a front-line leader, the Operations Area Manager will have an opportunity to develop the talents and capabilities of a dynamic team of 15-30 order processors and/or power equipment operators to meet and exceed corporate, personal, and professional growth goals on 2nd Shift. We are seeking determined leaders that are passionate about energizing and enabling their team to drive success in safety, quality and productivity.
The Operations Area Manager is responsible for tactical execution of distribution related functions within the New Jersey Distribution Center, as well as a greater depth of planning, operational control, exceptions management, succession planning, and communication within a specific area of focus and/or across an assigned shift. On a daily basis he/she is responsible for supervising subordinates and processes occurring within a specified area of responsibility and coordinating efforts with counterparts across all departments and shifts in an effort to achieve excellence in daily execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility to oversee subordinates and multiple activities within a department and/or shift (Receiving, Case Pick/Putaway, Case Loops, Order Processing, Shipping, Ship Sort, Inventory Control, Wave Management).
- Coach, train, and oversee department leaders and provide on-going coaching to subordinates to ensure professional growth, adherence to Company policies, and performance standards.
- Coordinate with the Facilities Manager to oversee safety, security, and building control activities in their area of responsibility.
- Systems interaction encompasses management of transaction activities, as well as exceptions management, planning, and distribution flow through the facility.
- Prioritize and monitor the completion of orders to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Track productivity levels of department to meet company standards and projections.
- Direct communication with internal and external customers regarding operational activities and resolutions involving activities occurring during their period of responsibility.
- Build and maintain relationships with all functional areas within the distribution center, Company employees, and vendors.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook, and high proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Systems and informational management skills are at the moderate to expert level
- Must have a working knowledge of distribution related processes, business concepts, and best practices.
- Should be able to work with others, and manage outside vendors and customers.
- Must have the ability and eagerness to work as part of a team, as well as lead others.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Knowledge of proper business communication etiquette, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, detail, follow-up, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Leading & Motivating
- Managing for Results
- Combined 4+ years in supervisor and management level positions overseeing 15+ associates, preferably in a distribution center environment
- Prior hands-on experience with Warehouse Management System(s)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Previous experience with specific systems actively utilized within the facility -
- UPS CampusShip
- Labor Management System(s)
- Extensive exposure to an automated facility
- Experience overseeing a workforce consisting of both full-time/direct and temporary associates.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferred