Distribution Center Supervisor
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : Columbus
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Responsible for most Operational and Financial aspects of the distribution center production department including budget performance, work schedule planning, managing and coordinating the order pulling and packing of beauty products, supplies, transfers and show orders. Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, cost effectiveness and regulatory compliance of product movement for all shipments. Ensures the integrity of all warehouse inventories with compliance to all production related ICC rules and policies. Assist Director of Distribution/Warehouse Manager with employee relation concerns including payroll, recruiting, performance reviews, policy communication and enforcement, conflict resolution and teamwork within the facility and company. Provide a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees by assisting the Director of Distribution in continually addressing all ergonomic or health issues.
- Provides a safe, clean, healthy and secure work environment for employees by assisting the Director of Distribution/Warehouse Manager in and enforcing company safety, ergonomic, egress, hazardous training/Right to know, Shipping of Dangerous Goods, loss prevention and other related programs; creating and enforcing site specific addendums to such policies; performing and monitoring proactive reviews of such programs, conducting periodic walkthroughs/inspections of work area and equipment; and communicating issues/infractions to upper management and taking appropriate action as directed regarding offenses.
- Assisting Director of Distribution with maintaining efficient cost control by operating within the operational budget set for their department by efficient use of labor and wage cost, supplies, maintenance and other related tasks. Suggesting refinements to improve operational efficiency.
- Supervises the day to day production tasks in the warehouse to ensure timely and accurate completion of activities; including planning/monitoring outbound order schedule, pulling of merchandise from inventory, order checking, "billing", preparing/packing it for shipment and auditing activities to verify that processes are followed correctly and all merchandise is pulled correctly according to procedures and protected from damage.
- Assist Director of Distribution/Warehouse Manager, Human Resources and Payroll with all Employee Relation concerns including; scheduling employee work hours, monitoring breaks, tardies and absences, approve time clock records, reports and absence reports, filling open positions, training and development of employees, evaluating employees, carrying out disciplinary actions (to include recommending discharge).
- Conduct and participate in regular meetings and communication within department, with other departments and shifts, and with other related departments outside of the facility in order to promote a positive team environment focused on satisfying the needs of the customer and protecting the interest of the company; including start up meetings, staff meetings, shift change over, communication with merchandising regarding vendor receiving priorities, discrepancies and other related issues, communication with accounting and accounts receivable regarding receiving issues.
- Perform all other duties as requested by Management
- 3 years' experience in general warehousing and distribution.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word programs
- Thorough knowledge of the standard industrial procedures for receiving material and all related processing of paperwork.
- General understanding of purchasing principals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the basic lifting and system tasks for all warehouse functions and departments including receiving, put away, picking, packing, cycle counting, order checking and shipping.
We offer a competitive salary, and an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.