Distribution Center Transportation Supervisor
Country : USA
State : Arizona
County : Maricopa County
Town : Phoenix
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Collaboratively drive the business, working with partners from across the company (Stores, Store Operations, Distribution, Distribution Services, Finance);
- Manage carrier performance, recognizing and celebrating wins, and coaching and holding accountable when performance does not meet expectations;
- Support growth by optimizing existing logistics flow as well as incorporating new store openings and dedicated solutions into existing network footprint;
- Supervise scheduling of deliveries to the stores serviced by the facility in conjunction with Merchandising, Distribution Services and Store Operations plans. Notify stores of deviation to scheduled deliveries on a timely basis. Adjusts schedules to maximize truck utilization while maintaining flow to the stores.
- Plan and communicate the truck capacity requirements and ensure an adequate supply of truck power and trailers.
- Ensure steady flow of inbound and outbound movements, resulting in the timely arrival of merchandise to stores and maximum utilization of lowest cost carriers.
- Implement all aspect of our Q4 strategy to ensure successful peak season and year-end inventory execution;
- Lead logistics coordinators in executing daily logistics tasks around scheduling, reporting and auditing detention and bobtails.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Transportation, Distribution, Manager, Merchandising, Fashion Retail, Engineering, Operations, Management, Retail, Fashion
you will support the Transportation Manager with all aspects of retail store delivery operations. The Transportation Supervisor acts as a primary point of contact for store logistics and serves as the liaison among Distribution Services, and Store Operations.
You will support TJX logistical strategies and deliver merchandise to stores in a cost-efficient manner while meeting or exceeding service standards. From ensuring on time delivery of goods to our stores, to supporting logistics strategies to support our strong growth, you are critical in enabling the treasure hunt experience our customers love!
You will be assigned a mix of core responsibilities in order to deliver exceptional supply chain operational performance, drive cost savings and enable process improvement to support our continued growth.
with internal and external stakeholders to deliver amazing products to our stores and customers
with Stores, Store Operations, Distribution, Distribution Services and Finance to drive the business
support to company's growth by optimizing existing logistics flow as well as incorporating new store openings and dedicated solutions into existing network footprint
carrier performance andon time delivery of goods to our stores
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Ability to work cross functionally to deliver results
- Knowledge of motor carrier industry
- Understanding of distribution center operations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of transportation management systems and software
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related