Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Compton
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Manage all functions as it relates to online picking and distribution as it specifically relates to:
Prepare/match of order/pick header and shipping labels; Picking process of online orders; Packing online orders; Audit preparation and process; Confirmation of orders; Shipment preparation of orders; VAS [ Value Added Service] process and application; manage Replenishment [REP] and put-away process functions to ensure timely picking and processing of customer orders and stock transfer orders.
Manage all picking functions for all order types to ensure accuracy of product picked.
Manage the sort-to-stage and manifesting functions, to ensure that all orders are prepared for shipment and shipped accurately, efficiently and on-time.
Each employee will practice an individual commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility in the workplace. We aim to steer society in a more sustainable direction for our benefit and the benefit of generations to come.
Description of Duties:
- Responsible for all training requirements including initial, follow-up and special training, including cross-training team members to ensure coverage in all areas. Completely proficient in all roles as they relate to: Prep/Match; Picking process; Packing process; Audit and order checking process in SAP; Ship and Confirm process in work process together will the required process steps in SAP; VAS process requirements; a thorough understand of all SAP steps as they relate to Replenishment; Inventory moves and transfers in process and SAP.
- Conduct daily 3-5 minute presort meeting as well as other meetings, including safety and any special meetings as needed. Effectively communicate daily the DC status with shifts before and after.
- Manage replenishment function ensuring that all Transfer Requests (TR's) and moves are processed timely and accurately
- Manage supply storage area. Update supply inventory spreadsheet weekly. Replenish work areas with supplies throughout the DC as needed.
- Work with Inventory and Returns Supervisor and Analysts to ensure all Inventory support functions, including cycle counting and bin/location audits are completed timely and properly
- Assist Inventory and Returns Supervisor in overseeing/managing write-off process ensuring that proper documentation and disposition codes are completed
- Responsible for administering equipment control process, including for all lift trucks, RF guns, printers, pick-to-voice headsets, etc.
- Responsible for employee relations issues including: recruiting, hiring, performance reviews, terminations, enforcing workplace harassment issues and managing timekeeping systems to ensure compliance with attendance policy and unapproved overtime
- Manage workforce to achieve targeted productivity measures of picks/Hour and Labor costs per lines picked. Achieve this by fully utilizing the workforce, ie, moving the workforce to where the work is and planning for seasonal or special fluctuations in volume.
- Responsible for communicating and enforcing all of the Aveda safety policies and safe work methods, including lift truck safety
- Conduct daily audits on a percentage of all shipments processed in the 115 and 310 pick areas both in PCS and PUPS locations to ensure that the orders are picked complete and packed properly.
- Responsible for auditing pallets to ensure proper pallet building procedures are being used and that the pallets are fully packed and properly wrapped before being moved into the shipping lanes or on a trailer
- Supervise all picking functions including loose pick (115), case pick and full pallet (310) and Hazmat (330). Measure pick rate throughput hourly to ensure pick rate goal is being met
- Perform daily auditing of 110 picks to ensure proper packing in cartons to minimize damage to product during shipping and handling
- Other duties, tasks and projects as assigned
Experience: 2+ years in a supervisory position in a similar work environment
Others: Must have superior leadership, communication and multitasking skills. Experience with MS products and SAP required. May be trained and certified to operate all lift equipment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs, stand and walk for long periods, and work in a warehouse environment that is not climate controlled.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.