District Asset Protection Manager - wa/ak/or Racks
Country : USA
State : Washington
County : King County
Town : Seattle
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
As a key member of Nordstrom Rack District leadership team, you will lead an Asset Protection team that are owners at heart, responsible for the safety and security of employees, theft prevention, enhancing company profitability, and alignment with company values and business strategy. The District Manager Asset Protection is the Asset Protection (AP) subject matter expert at the District level, motivating teams to be customer obsessed, increase sales, improve inventory accuracy and reduce shrink.
- Conduct training on Asset Protection policies and procedures to groups of associates including store associates, store managers and other district managers.
- Manage all district loss prevention expenses (staffing, equipment, new initiatives.)
- Develop effective partnerships and interact extensively with multiple teams in cross functional areas including District leadership, Store Management, Service Experience, Inventory Accuracy, Risk Team, VIW Team, and Human Resources.
- Drive, communicate and monitor store participation and provide Asset Protection awareness on security, safety, shrink reduction initiatives and loss prevention training topics.Shrink Reduction
- Forecast and problem solve theft related issues and manage complex projects for shrink improvement
- Investigate and manage incidents inclusive of major loss, fraud, or safety
- Monitor and maintain physical security controls and systems for all assigned locations including CCTV, burglar and fire alarms, electronic article surveillance, access control and emergency systems
- Review and / or conduct various audits to assess operational compliance with company policies and procedures. Advise and consult with Store Managers and District partners on improving results based on store audits. Internal and External Theft Mitigation
- Conduct and manage district internal investigations & dishonest employee interviews
- Investigate external incidents (i.e. burglary, ORC activity and major thefts) develop action plans if needed, Conduct and manage all external apprehension programs and appropriate case documentation in the districtEmergency Response and Safety Support
- Serve as local liaison and partner for law enforcement, District Attorney Offices, ORCA, Mall Security, external recruiting initiatives, and Asset Protection colleagues
- Maintain a safe work environment for all customers and employees by providing safety and emergency preparedness training to store teams and key leaders, ensuring all safety guidelines are being met, and taking action on any safety concerns within the district.
- Effectively addressing security incidents, including potential and actual work place violence incidents per policy, conducting training of the incident response plans and escalation of high-risk incidents when necessary.People Development
- Recruit hire and train best in class Asset Protection teams in multiple locations. Lead Asset Protection Managers, and Asset Protection hourly associates with a diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience.
- Provide valuable mentorship and feedback to build teams with potential for growth responsibility and oversite for all onboarding, training, and compliance of state certification requirements.
- Develop AP team competency in internal and external investigations, auditing, shortage reduction programs, AP awareness programs and system controls.Core Competencies:
- Customer Focus: Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced customer focused environment
- Decision Quality: Ability to identify, investigate, interview and resolve acts of employee dishonesty. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Communicates Effectively: Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Drives Results: Strong multitasker with proven ability to support an elevated level of store events/initiatives
- Develops People: Strong leadership skills, detail oriented, and a quick decision maker. Demonstrated expertise in developing teams and fosters a player /coach mindset
- Has Courage: Flexibility to respond and react to emergency situations
- 5+ years of relevant Loss Prevention leadership experience with diverse employees and customers
- Strategic, operational, and interpersonal skills demonstrating broad expertise in Loss Prevention management and theft resolution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- 25% travel