Country : USA
State : California
County : Contra Costa County
Town : Pleasant Hill
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Recruit and select highly talented people and build succession plans designed to meet Brand and Company growth goals. Collaborate with peers to develop a company-wide talent pipeline.
- Ensure consistent application of performance management practices including but not limited to annual performance appraisals, progressive counseling activities and development plans.
- Ensures compliance of Ross HR policies and procedures.
- Handles Employee Relations issues, ensuring partnership with HR and LP organizations.
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
True Customer Service
- Serves as a point of contact for Customer Service issues in the District.
- Responds quickly and effectively to all Customer inquiries.
- Ensures that an excellent level of Customer Service is provided in all assigned locations.
- Responsible for the management of and continuous monitoring of all actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Ensures a safe, accident-free environment for all Customers and Associates. Maintains compliance to all state, local and federal regulations.
- Demonstrates and drives Loss Prevention initiatives and awareness programs.
- Meets Company shrink goals.
Deliver the Treasure/Dealz
- Ensures proper merchandising presentation and organization by adhering to the Company's merchandising philosophy and processes.
- Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies.
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities
- High School Degree or equivalent required, bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 5 or more years of retail management or operations experience
- Valid Driver's License required
- Travel required
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking and moving around the store.
Ability to occasionally bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift and carry up to 20lbs.
Job requires traveling frequently