District Manager, Department Store Retail- Southern California
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Coos County
Town : Remote
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Michael Kors stores are operated, either directly or through licensing partners, in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Rio de Janeiro.
Behind this burgeoning empire stands a singular designer with an innate sense of glamour and an unfailing eye for timeless chic. Michael Kors has won numerous accolades within the fashion industry, been honored for his philanthropy, and earned the respect and affection of millions. Wholly dedicated to a vision of style that is as sophisticated as it is indulgent, as iconic as it is modern, he has created an enduring luxury lifestyle empire with a global reach.
Michael Kors has always been involved in philanthropy, fighting hunger for more than 20 years. A longtime supporter of God’s Love We Deliver, he has worked with the New York-based organization to help distribute meals to people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses. In 2013, he partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to help fight world hunger by designing the 100 Series watch. A portion of the proceeds from his special-edition timepiece helps WFP deliver food to children through its school meals program.
The District Manager is responsible for ensuring consistency, meeting and exceeding wholesale district plans, implementing sales driving strategies, and developing strong relationships by training retail partners on brand standards in order to achieve sales results. Additionally, the District Manager is responsible for recruiting, training, and developing Shop Managers and Shop Specialists in the Michael Kors shop-in-shop environment.
DRIVING THE BUSINESS
- Meet sales goals by working with Director of Stores, corporate office, and retail partners on a consistent basis in order to identify and communicate ideas and opportunities to drive sales for the district
- Analyze sales reports to determine the needs of the business and set business strategies
- Communicate opportunities, including, but not limited to: strategies to drive sales, stock needs, and product needs
- Achieve sales plan by executing visits to doors as laid out in frequency
- Ensure individual sales goals are set for Shop Managers and manage results to ensure peak performance
- Support the development of Shop Managers strategies to drive sales
- Ensure Shop Managers are trained and fluent in all aspects of the business, Michael Kors' selling service strategies, as well as in-depth knowledge of the productTRAINING
- Train and develop Shop Managers sales strategies, product knowledge, brand standards, and selling service program to maximum the business
- Train retail partners on sales strategies, product knowledge, and brand standards through various monthly, quarterly, and seasonal training seminarsCOMMUNICATION
- Develop clear, consistent, timely, and effective methods of communication with corporate office, Director of Stores, direct reports, and/or retail partners on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal basis via email, phone calls, and in-person meetingsTALENT DEVELOPMENT
- Recruit top talent for Shop Manager and Shop Specialist roles and create "bench strength" with qualified candidates
- Continually evaluate the performance and development of each Shop Manager and provide constant feedback to ensure positive results
- Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all timesOPERATIONS
- Design and implement processes and procedures which allow managing remotely
- Control travel expenses, continually striving to reduce costs by adhering to Travel and Expense policy and procedure
- Ensure deliveries are properly processed and on the selling floor in a timely manner
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to present in front of a group
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills: email, phone, etc.
- Proficiency in Retail Math and computer software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to analyze Sales Plans and reports
- Must have car with valid driver's license and home office (w/ printer, fax, camera, etc.)