District Manager - Los Angeles
Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Los Angeles
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain the best team to meet both short and long-term business goals.
- Monitor performance and consistently follow-up to ensure results are delivered.
- Develop individual and team performance & capabilities via clear expectations, intentional conversations, meaningful recognition and accountability.
- Foster and maintain an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Identify themes in product performance across your portfolio and create a district merchandising plan to excel performance utilizing data points, strategy and seasonality
- Lead effective store visits focused on driving behaviors which enable the team to consistently deliver results in all areas of the business.
- Identify and use multiple ways to achieve goals when confronted with obstacles; plan for contingencies.
- Identify and solve problems with sustainable solutions
- Maintain a keen awareness of the external market and competition
- Ensure stores are operating in compliance with all Gap Inc. policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to build merchandising capability and coach to sustain merchant strength in stores
- Demonstrated ability to build diverse, high performing teams with an inclusive environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience via all channels
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and enable change.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve beyond what is expected, and take actions or use improvements or learnings to exceed existing goals.
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ year's multi-unit, high volume, complex business leadership preferred.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel overnight and/or between stores as required.
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs.