District Manager (Soma) Northeast
Country : USA
State : Connecticut
County : Fairfield County
Town : TRUMBULL
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
This position is responsible for driving sales and increasing profitability in the assigned district. Manages the Store Leadership teams; coaches and builds a high performing and committed team to drive results through an excellent customer experience while achieving operational excellence and growing services.
- Analyzes sales reports and KPIs to determine the needs of the business; sets and executes business and sales strategies throughout the District.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations, holding store management team and themselves accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards. Identifies and communicates strategic direction designed to create customer satisfaction, maximum efficiencies, workload planning, and drive field operational strategies.
- Controls District expenses and maintains budgets in order to maximize sales and profit.
- In partnership with Store Managers, ensures visual presentation, organization, and facility maintenance are representative of the Brand.
- Develops a high performance culture, motivating sales team to meet assigned sales and productivity goals.
- Trains and develops store management team on business acumen to drive overall performance.
- In partnership with Store Manager, trains and coaches to ensure selling team is fluent in all aspects of product knowledge.
Building High Performing Teams
- Motivates and inspires District team, developing a shared vision while modeling core values.
- Promotes an inclusive, collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Communicates with and coaches store teams and acts as liaison to field leadership and cross functional business partnerships to effectively lead positive change.
- Knows competitor practices and market trends; communicates related opportunities and challenges to Executive Management.
- Seeks personal developmental opportunities and readily solicits feedback to build leadership skill set.
- Models, teaches, and promotes the Most Amazing Personal Service (MAPS) principles and standards, offering a cohesive omni channel experience.
- In partnership with Store Manager, ensures prompt resolution of customer concerns. In partnership with Store Manager, ensures team maintains consistent client communication through utilization of customer book, rewards program participation, and customer capture sign up.
- Attracts, recruits, hires and retains a high performance store management team.
- Creates Individual development and succession plans designed to maximize Store Management success and build internal talent bench.
- Supports, implements, and provides follow-up for all training programs, seminars, etc. Assesses and coaches Store Managers on performance and provides formal performance evaluations.
- Resolves all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR
- when necessary.
- Drives associate and team engagement by recognizing and rewarding employees for outstanding performance.
- Ensures that Store Management teams adhere to all employment practices and policies. Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best. Education
- Required BA/BS in Business
- Required BA/BS in related field
- Combination of coursework and job experience in related field
- Combination of coursework and job experience in equivalent experience
- Ability to work weekends when required by business needs
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Proven track record of increasing sales and store profitability
- Solid evidence of community outreach and involvement. Understands the value in supporting the community
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines and deliver high level written and verbal responses. Demonstrates a high level of administrative competence. Excels in simplifying systems and reducing paperwork
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.