Division Merchandise Manager Beauty
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
The DMM will provide merchandising leadership to a team of Buyers based on our Beauty merchandise strategies including sourcing, inventory management and merchandising. They will support the company's consumer-focused branding strategy to maximize enterprise sales and increase market share.
- Partners with Planning & Allocation Director and inventory planning to develop semi-annual merchandise plan to ensure inventory levels are controlled and managed in-season, ensure open to buy remains fluid and replenishment of wanted merchandise is achieved. Meets turnover and delivery objectives and reallocates resources within assigned lines as needed to provide the right merchandise to the customer.
- Leads trend identification and selection process and competitive analysis process across beauty assortment categories.
- Drives assortment that supports the JCPenney customer and the All-In Shopping Enthusiast.
- Supports a customer centric approach to beauty and our product offerings.
- Approves assortment plans at the subdivision level for JCPenney Beauty business in the Stores and Online.
- Sets direction for the development of competitive merchandise assortments for assigned lines, considering industry trends and competition and provides input for any exceptions to open to buy and financially reconciles across merchant teams.
- Integrates product development, sourcing, marketing and supply chain functions into the merchandising process.
- Provides leadership to buyers on strategies for developing and evaluating sources of supply by reviewing supplier performance and relationships.
- Leads overall financial performance of the Merchandising Action Team in achieving department performance objectives and budgets including sales and profit plans, salaries, expense, inventory, and merchandise cost account (P&L).
- Lead, build and inspire a best-in-class Merchandise Action Team.
- Supports and drives a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Partners with Planning & Allocation Director and inventory planning to oversee the development of the exit strategy for all assigned lines and ensures its effectiveness for profitable merchandise cleanup.
- 10+ years of experience in the Beauty Industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred; graduate degree desirable
- Knowledge of the elements that drive retail profitability
- Experience leading a team of 7+ direct reports
- Knowledge of product, sourcing, assortment optimization, business planning, market intelligence and supplier management
- Ability to build and develop a diverse and high-performing team
- Makes quick decisions, moves fast to make things happen with aggressive but realistic deadlines
- Ability to develop positive and inclusive relationships with cross-functional teams across the company and within own teamAt JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It's a place that's meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Follow us and see what's new: Instagram Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Media Room jcp.com