Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a truly global brand. Today the company has a total of more than 1,200 stores in 14 markets worldwide including Japan, China, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K. and U.S. In addition, Grameen UNIQLO, a social business established in Bangladesh in September 2010, opened its two first stores in Dhaka in July 2013. UNIQLO operates an integrated business model under which it designs, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality, casual apparel. The company believes that truly great clothes should be supremely comfortable, feature universal designs, are of high quality and offer a superb fit to everyone who wears them.
With a corporate statement committed to changing clothes, changing conventional wisdom and change the world, Fast Retailing is dedicated to creating great clothing with new and unique value to enrich the lives of people everywhere. For more information about UNIQLO and Fast Retailing, please visit www.uniqlo.com and www.fastretailing.com.
Apparel that comes from the Japanese values of simplicity, quality and longevity. Designed to be of the time and for the time, LifeWear is made with such modern elegance that it becomes the building blocks of each individual's style. A perfect shirt that is always being made more perfect. The simplest design hiding the most thoughtful and modern details. The best in fit and fabric made to be affordable and accessible to all. LifeWear is clothing that is constantly being innovated, bringing more warmth, better design, and better comfort to people's lives.
The candidate will possess superb analytic skills, digging deep into data to craft critical objectives, strategies and tactics, and then turning insight into action to drive results. He/she will shepherd development of the marketing plan for the online channel while cross-functionally aligned with merchandising and marketing as well as the logistic team. This will include continuous testing and analysis.
He/she will partner with Finance to enhance our forecasting and reporting tools, introducing a new level of accountability and transparency.
The Director of eCommerce will be an inspirational, collaborative leader adept at leading through influence. He/she will serve as a critical change agent, providing insights that drive new ideas. He/She will focus on delivering a multi-year digital strategic plan to meaningfully enhance UNIQLO's role in driving transactions online and to our stores.
- Strong ownership of P/L and optimizing it in order to deliver the business profit
- Partner with global team across areas of ecommerce strategy, site experience, buying & planning - relationship and alignment with Global Headquarters EC management team
- Develop and execute the annual eCommerce plan in line with the enterprise planning process and ensure that the online growth strategy aligns with the organization's overall business strategy.
- Manage key drivers behind sales and gross profit margin, including: traffic, average order value and conversion, to ensure the team is on track to meet or exceed the plan.
- Develop a strong marketing plan that can establish Uniqlo's brand concept of LifeWear and leverage enterprise promotions and weekly business newsworthy content while cross-functionally aligned with merchandising and marketing team's key focus categories and items.
- Lead both the day-to-day aspects of Supply Chain and Logistics in addition to identifying, quantifying and executing best practice process and cost improvement programs across UNIQLO.com leveraging analytics, optimization and statistics with a laser focus on cost reduction.
- Lead and initiate Omni-channel business strategies especially "ship from store" from financial planning, order volume control and gross margin impact to the total company profitability assessment.
- Leverage site analytics to monitor performance and guide action.
- Diligently monitor competitive developments across online retail and other innovative brands.
- Manage milestones, deadlines and scheduling for multiple simultaneous projects, keeping the team up to date with progress and decisions
- Communicate to executives and other key stakeholders the strategies driving eCommerce, a vision and roadmap for future growth, and provides ongoing status updates across initiatives.
- Serve as subject matter expert for online commerce across the enterprise.
- Ensure effective communication of all eCommerce initiatives, resulting in consistent understanding of the reasons for, direction of, and expected results of each project.
- Act as a focal point for progress reporting on key initiatives, including timely updates/presentations to the Senior Leadership Team, Marketing Leadership Team, IT and other key stakeholders.
- Directly supervise and work closely with the entire ecommerce team.
- Strong reporting relationship with UNIQLO USA CEO, with a dotted line to Fast Retailing North America Digital Commerce VP
- Previous global ecommerce experience
- Deep understanding of UX/UI with customer experience at the forefront
- Strong marketing sensibility and ability to balance content and commerce
- 12+ years of experience in Ecommerce
- Strong technical expertise managing complex global ecommerce platform initiatives
- Ability to partner and work with a centralized global team with various priorities and objectives
- Ability to influence others and champion for projects on the brand's behalf
- Passion to drive top-line growth using web marketing, analytics and multi-channel leverage
- Analytical and brand marketing mindset
- Ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive retail performance
- Track record of creating and executing traffic/business driving initiatives that resulted in real synergy between retail and .com; has executed successful channel integration strategies
- Savvy marketer with strong branding skills and understanding of how to enhance the customer experience
- Strong technical and operational skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy to executive management.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Posting Notes: New York || New York (US-NY) || United States (US) || Experienced Professional || Corporate || UNIQLO || EX:OUT || UNIQLO ||