Ecommerce qa Automation Manager
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Hudson County
Town : North Bergen
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Job Title: Ecommerce QA Automation Manager
We are looking for a results-oriented, self-motivated QA Automation Manager for our Ecommerce IT department who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. This person will be responsible for managing the automation suites across multiple brands and sites, partnering with vendors to ensure that scripts are properly updated and maintained, and executing the scripts during regression, smoke and sanity in the various environments. This role requires collaboration with a cross-functional team of QA Analysts, Developers, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to understand the business/product requirements and facilitate the design and development of test automation.
- Recommend and maintain appropriate frameworks to automate test scenarios.
- Define and maintain the test automation scope and schedule for the various testing types.
- Maintain and provide direction for updating existing automated testing scripts
- Perform hands on test scripts development as necessary
- Analyze and report on test automation progress
- Work closely with QA Analysts, Product Owners and development to review feature requirements to plan for automated testing during Sprint Cycles
- Work closely with Project Manager, Business Analyst and QA Analyst to review new projects to plan for automation
- Ensure that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably during builds across multiple environments and realms
- Analyze test results, perform root cause analysis and file tickets as necessary
- Establish and monitor test automations code coverage metrics
- Work as a member of a team delivering high-quality software across multiple sites
- 2+ years of recent experience in leading/managing software test automation team
- Experience in defining and implementing tools strategy, test automation frameworks and reusable components across multiple platforms or technologies
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and SDLC's.
- Good knowledge in working in the e-commerce domain (B2B / B2C)
- Experience in development of detailed test scripts using tools like Selenium/UFT/RFT etc. Should be able to develop scalable and reusable automation test scripts and execute them in an Agile based development environment.
- Good experience in API - Manual and Automation testing
- Should be experienced in working CI/CD environment using Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket etc. Should be able to integrate the automation test set up with the CI/CD tool stack.
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git or Bitbucket
- Hands on experience in IntelliJ IDEA or Eclipse IDE, Ant, Maven or any other building tool.
- Strong programming skills using Java
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Exposure to the modern test automation solutions and tools
- Excellent mentorship and guidance skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to present information clearly and effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.