Email Marketing Manager
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Leads the day to day management of Email Marketing Team focused primarily on development and execution of email campaigns; directs the work based on campaign type and complexity.
- Owns and maintains the email calendar, working cross functionally to ensure that enterprise objectives are met while delivering customer-first messaging.
- Executes email strategies and ensures full integration across digital and direct channels.
- Oversees the development and execution for CRM/Trigger/Promotional Lifecycle programs.
- Determines relevant segments and clusters of customers for targeted direct marketing strategies.
- Works with Strategy and Planning Email Manager to identify ways to improve program performance and designs and implements testing strategies to understand customer behavior including deeper understanding of device usage, creative and messaging preferences and engagement drivers.
- Works with the analytics team to interpret test results and determine future strategy.
- Determines optimum Product Planning & Offers for existing segmentations based on past results and future product availability and margins.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of the email team and fosters strong relationships with site merchants, creative, coding, e-commerce teams, and IT (along with other marketing departments) to ensure consensus and seamless partnerships throughout email campaign development and execution.
- 5-7 years of Customer Relationship Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, or Ecommerce experience. Retail category experience preferred.
- Must have expertise working inside a self-service email tool. Oracle Responsys EMD preferred. Other ESP experience will be considered.
- Experience working with email tools within vendors like Movable Ink, Email on Acid, Bluecore, UrbanAirship and M-Guage.
- Knowledge of data selection and the ability to synthesize and analyze data to identify trends and marketing opportunities.
- Subject matter expert on the implementation of data-driven dynamic and personalized content within email
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and deliverability best practices
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and implement a focused plan.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and drive decision making process.
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously