Email Marketing Manager - Owned Media
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Leads the day to day management of Email Marketing Team focused primarily on development and execution of email campaigns; directs the work based on campaign type and complexity.
- Supports team through leading and executing day-to-day email campaign set up.
- Works cross functionally to ensure that enterprise objectives are met while delivering customer-first messaging.
- Oversees the development and execution of promotional campaigns and personalization through nurture/ automation lifecycle programs.
- Partners with CRM team to determine email audience targets based on customer attributes.
- Works with the Sr. Manager of Strategy and Planning to identify ways to improve program performance and designs; implements testing strategies to understand customer behavior including deeper understanding of device usage, creative messaging preferences, and engagement drivers.
- Works with the analytics team to interpret test results and determine future strategy.
- Serves as a liaison on behalf of the email team and fosters strong relationships with site merchants, creative, coding, e-commerce teams, and IT (along with other marketing departments) to ensure consensus and seamless partnerships throughout email campaign development and execution.
- 5-7 years of Email Marketing. Retail category experience preferred.
- Must have expertise working inside a self-service email tool. Oracle Responsys EMD/Sales Force Marketing Cloud preferred. Other ESP experience will be considered.
- Experience working with email tools within vendors like Movable Ink, Email on Acid, UrbanAirship and M-Gauge.
- Working knowledge of html, ampscript, RPL or other coding languages.
- Subject matter expert on the implementation of data-driven dynamic and personalized content within email.
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and deliverability best practices.
- Leadership experience with the ability to mentor, coach and develop direct reports.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate and implement a focused plan.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and drive decision making process.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects simultaneously.