Executive Director, Ecommerce – Mac North America
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Executive Director of eCommerce will manage eCommerce strategy, sales and P&L for MAC Online, North America. He/She will direct the day-to-day online operations relating to MAC.com's e/m-commerce with responsibility for top line sales, operating metrics, key performance indices, site maintenance budget, advertising/promotions budget and maintaining bottom line targets. The ED of North America will also work closely aligning with NA Sales team/GM on brand priorities, key focuses tied to omni-planning and the overall merchandising strategies put forth on both desk top and mobile.
The Executive Director of eCommerce needs to have an in-depth understanding of how to develop and prioritize site functionality, key retail programs and seamlessly ensure site operations fully functional to drive ecommerce sales through effective and cost efficient total business management for the channel. An analytical and strategic thinker is required to balance new customer acquisition programs with retention initiatives as well as identifying and embarking on NEW business development opportunities. It is imperative that this person be familiar with marketing and technology opportunities that increase sales and consumer engagement. A key component of this role is developing and managing the MAC site merchandising strategy, inclusive of expanded digital stories and consumer engagement initiatives as needed, also, CRM programming and future site enhancements as needed, which impacts nearly every customer site interaction, from acquisition/educating new to brand and driving lifetime value with customers and sales growth at MAC.com.
This role will regularly, interface with the product-related teams to understand upcoming product innovations, technologies and services so that they may be thoughtfully integrated into the online launch processes as they are unveiled into the marketplace. Experience and ability to work with Digital Marketing initiatives to deepen customer engagement and integrate overall brand digital strategies is a must. This position also will collaborate closely with but not limited to North America Sales and Marketing, Global Marketing, Digital Marketing, Creative, Production, Finance, Legal and Customer Service.
Reports directly to SVP NA Online, with dotted alignment to VP Global Ecommerce MAC, this lead will work alongside the branded online team members and the North America Retailer.com to plan business and content activities for the region and achieve total North America goals.
Strategy and Sales Goals
- Develop and implement seasonal online marketing calendars that link sales and marketing initiatives across e-commerce channels.
- Manage site maintenance plan and budget; Work with in-house team and external vendor teams in order to achieve plan and Brand goals.
- Oversee total MAC.com P&L; achieve top line and bottom line results
- Build seasonal ecommerce strategy and ensure all projects support the MAC brand strategy and contribute to MAC.com and equally support Retailer.com growth
- Develop innovative marketing and sales programs, including test strategies and roll-out of successful initiatives.
- Manage and optimize A&P (advertising & promotions) budget; manage and work with vendors and partners (e.g. iProspect, Linkshare, Gilt, etc.)
- Develop online assets that support key launches in all NOAM online channels
- Lead business analysis of all programs and establish programs to drive continuous improvement
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team on all aspects of MAC Online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects. Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
- Oversee budget for key NA programs (Program development, Promotions, Retailers sites, Email and Marketing, Search and Affiliate) to maximize opportunities and ROI.
- Manage daily sales calendar and monthly sales forecasting.
- Support Vice President with analysis of key business metrics and site performance.
- Calculate ROI for each program and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
- Communicate reporting and analysis with key stakeholders to share pertinent leanings.
Onsite Marketing & Promotions
- Develop and implement the seasonal online marketing calendars to marry the offline marketing initiatives. Create online only content and events throughout the seasons which enable a best of breed experience for the consumer while meeting/exceeding the weekly sales plan. Develop and manage the advertising and promotions budget for all such programs. Lead team in executing seasonal vision from concept to launch.
- Promote and execute best of breed online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
- Promote and execute quality assurance testing in order to minimize customer service issues and time to market.
- Identify key business opportunities. Implement all phases of programs. Execute all legal elements - negotiations, contracts, etc.
- Work with Brand Operations to take advantage of cost efficiencies for marketing and promotional programs. Oversee all promotional product forecasts.
- Work closely with Marketing, Public Relations, Special Events and North America Sales to optimize offline advertising and partner relationships in order to drive online awareness and increase opt-ins and revenue.
- Partner with Online Inventory Planning to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches.
Retention and Acquisition Marketing
- Oversee email marketing and acquisition marketing programs and communication strategy
- Ensure online marketing strategy support overall esteelauder.com and brand strategy.
- Approve email calendar and segmentation
- Responsible for SEM, SEO, Affiliate, and re-messaging programs.
- Develop new acquisition programs to drive awareness, engagement, and new customers to clinique.com.
- Forecast and deliver on volume, costs, and revenue targets for all acquisition programs.
Online Retailers (synergy)
- Support and work with total retailer.com business and relationships where MAC products are sold.
- Align with NA Sales team on Account strategy to drive retailer sales and marketing programs to support the online and brand strategy.
- Work with retailer to continuously improve the branded customer experience.
Integration with brand Digital Marketing Programs
- Oversee and support integration for Brand Digital Marketing programs and Consumer Engagement
- Collaborate and lead brand digital marketing initiatives and integration to main site
- Oversee planning & support for optimal site exposure to elevate program for best interaction and consumer engagement
- Provide guidance as needed on special projects and site features to build brand awareness or support external web programs
- Must have a proven track record of 8 + years of online marketing experience. eCommerce or catalog experience strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to translate Brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
- Must have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P/L management, merchandising, and marketing.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Needs to be a creative and analytical thinker and problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.