Executive Director, Global Creative Design & Art Direction, Smashbox
Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Culver City
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
He/she will drive creative strategy and execution with a digital first mind set, creating a holistic digital creative that can be dispersed into various mediums and translated across all touch points of the company. This role will lead and develop creative team and organization design while continuing to up-skill function, and ensure that creative resources are in place to carry out the business plan, including partnerships with agencies. He/she will be responsible for impeccable quality across all Creative output.
The position requires deep digital and photo shoot expertise, as well as the ability to serve as a thought-partner and have an acute ability to translate complex business concepts into breakthrough creative. Being able to manage up/down and sideways is essential. Being able to anticipate what's next, work in a fast-paced environment, have a calm, positive and driven attitude, as well as mentoring are keys to their success.
About Your Responsibilities Design:
- Develops 360 campaigns to support overall brand strategy and activation with minimal guidance
- Ensures that all designs adhere to brand guidelines with minimal guidance.
- Ensures collaboration with VM and Package Design teams to enhance consumer communication and overall retail experience.
- Oversee development of Global Creative led digital marketing asset creation including social content, influencer content, all non-promotional site content and other digital assets including video.
- Planning, implementation and managing a variety of creative projects within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Manage and update the Smashbox Global Creative Brand Style Guide and help facilitate locally relevant creative for our regional partners.
- Responsible for delivering guidelines and leadership to regional Creative team that result in speed to market of locally relevant creative assets that consistently align to global vision.Ideation:
- Must be able to concept, storytelling, create decks, and sell work across disciplines
- Must be able to work with photographers, videographers, prop stylists, producers, models and influencers to oversee a photoshoot or video production
- Must be able to work with post-production editors and sound to create video assets
- Must be able to make photo selects and work with post production
- Develops new, innovative 2D/Digital concepts in line with brand strategyDigital:
- Designs and concepts innovative, locally relevant digital experiences to support brand strategy
- Leverages a digital and mobile-first mindset in design, showing awareness of competitive landscape, trends and emerging technologies14Global Mindset:
- Provides guidance and direction on regional adaptions while understanding need for local nuance with guidance (if applicable)
- Manages and updates style guides to support and guide regional adaptationAccountabilities:
- Lead, manage, develop and inspire the Creative team, both day to day and long term - engage team in the strategic vision and delivery activities
- Direct full scope of Global led asset creation by channel, platform and retailer across categories. Collaborate with cross-functional North America teams, Global teams and outside agencies (as applicable).
- Oversee coordination of all needs for photo and video shoots (i.e., product comps, props, etc.)\
- Drive creative strategy and execution with a digital first mind set, creating a holistic digital creative that can be dispersed into various mediums and translated across all touch points of the company.
- Lead and develop creative team and organization design while continuing to up-skill function.
- Ensure that creative resources are in place to carry out the business plan, including partnerships with agencies.
- Responsible for impeccable quality across all Creative output.
- Digital- and mobile-first mindset
- Global mindset
- Awareness of emerging technologies
- Creative integration across all media/sales channels
- Drive for innovation and disruption with luxury mindset (is a plus)
- Experience managing regional execution against global guidelines (is a plus) How You Will be Successful
- Applies new and different ways of thinking to generate new ideas/opportunities
- Encourages self & others to be creative in approach to work
- Influences externally and internally to gain commitment, agreement and support
- Actively builds relationships
- Creates and sustains environment of trust and collaboration
- Adapts to new environments, processes and teams
- Proactively seeks diversification of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Keeps updated on the business environment and economic situations and understands the impact of the changes on the businessRequirements
- Strong business sense, with an understanding of how to leverage creative to drive business.
- Track record of success in a digitally-driven creative environment, preferably within luxury brands.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong project management experience.
- Highly developed design sense and desire to produce elevated, brand-building, and innovative work.
- Active learner - staying ahead of industry, design, social media trends and technology.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects from concept to completion under varying time constraints.
- Excellent type/design skills, and conceptual design skills.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of design software - including In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects.
- 10+ years in a highly productive creative environment.
- B.A. and M.A. in Graphic Design or fine art from a reputable design/art school.#LI-SS2
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.