Executive Director, Global E-Commerce
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Executive Director of eCommerce will manage eCommerce strategy, sales, and P&L for Bumble and bumble Online, Global, and will closely partner with regional eCommerce leads to drive overall sales and growth. The ecommerce business includes our brand sites, retailer.com, pure players, and third-party platforms. This leader will be responsible for developing and implementing the global online marketing calendar, strategy, digital merchandising programs, brand site user experience, site operations, and analytics. The leader will collaborate closely with Global Marketing, Global Creative, and Global Education to create and deliver on-brand assets for the Online channels, with support from a Global eCommerce Production lead. They will also support regional teams as a subject matter expert on driving regional top-line sales, operating metrics, key performance indicators, site maintenance budget, advertising/promotions budget, and bottom-line targets.
The Executive Director will work across various teams (Consumer Engagement, Education, Creative, Production, and Product Marketing) to create a branded online experience that represents Bumble and bumble brand equity and drive engagement and conversion by anticipating the needs and exceeding the expectations of multi-channel consumers. This role will interface with the product-related teams to understand upcoming product innovation, technologies, and services to provide Online expertise and ensure integration into Online programming.
This Executive Director needs to have an in-depth understanding of how to develop and prioritize site functionality to drive eCommerce sales through effective and cost-efficient marketing programs. An analytical and strategic thinker is required to balance new customer acquisition programs with retention initiatives as well as identifying and embarking on business development opportunities. This person must be familiar with marketing and technology opportunities that increase sales and consumer engagement, including managing the brand's global online loyalty strategy and program principles to support region-specific execution.
This role reports directly to Global Online, with a dotted line to Bumble and bumble SVP, Global General Manager. This Executive Director will be a member of the Bumble and bumble Global Brand Leadership Team.
Strategy and Sales Goals
- Develop and implement seasonal online marketing calendars/strategy aligned with the global brand strategy and Global Marketing calendar to link sales and marketing initiatives across the entire Bb ecosystem with a focus on driving online
- Refine strategic approach to paid media and promotionality as levers to drive key metrics, including trial, repeat, and retention.
- Lead business analysis of all programs and establish programs to drive continuous improvement
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push the business forward.
- Provide leadership and direction to all teams on all aspects of brand online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
- Manage site maintenance plan and budget; Work with in-house team and external vendor teams to achieve plan and Brand goals. P/L Management
- Oversee budget for key Global programs (Program development, Promotions, Retailers sites, Email, and Marketing, Search and Affiliate) to maximize opportunities and ROI.
- Manage and optimize A&P (advertising & promotions) budget; manage and work with vendors and partners
- Oversee total Online P&L; achieve top-line and bottom-line results
- Work with regions to understand business performance, key drivers, identify opportunities to improve, and drive growth acceleration.
- Provide analysis of key business metrics and site performance.
- Calculate ROI for each program and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
- Communicate reporting and analysis with key stakeholders to share pertinent leanings. Marketing & Promotions
- Promote and execute best of industry online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
- Create online only content and events throughout the seasons which enable a best in class experience for the consumer while meeting/exceeding the weekly sales plan. Lead team in executing seasonal vision from concept to launch.
- Partner with creative to ensure assets meet ecommerce needs - team will work on creative briefs and asset checklists and work in a 360 way across other functions to deliver a cohesive program
- Partner with regions to deliver content that is relevant at market level - create content for key big occasions at local level
- Deliver guidance for marketing mix and key holiday promotional mix
- Oversee projects such as search enhancements globally and ensure execution across all markets
- Provide overall promotion guidelines and liaise with brand teams to continually re-evaluate the needs of the business
- Execute all legal elements on behalf of the Global Brand - negotiations, contracts, etc.
- Work closely with Marketing, Consumer Engagement, Education, and Regions to optimize offline advertising and partner relationships to drive online awareness and increase opt-ins and revenue.
- Work with regional partners to ensure local relevancy is accounted for and provide support to make necessary adjustments at local levels
- Identify innovations that can improve the brand site experience and work with relevant parties to execute Retention and Acquisition Marketing
- Develop email marketing and acquisition marketing strategy.
- Provide "center of excellence" guidance for regional loyalty programs
- Ensure online marketing strategy support overall brand strategy.
- Approve email calendar and segmentation.
- Develop new acquisition programs to drive awareness, engagement, and new customers to Online sites.
- Forecast and deliver on volume, costs, and revenue targets for all acquisition programs.
- Develop a strategy and collaborate with regional leads to drive retailer sales and marketing programs to support the online and brand strategy.
- Work with regions to identify key activations and provide global support.
- Work with retailer teams to continuously improve the branded customer experience Integration with Brand Digital Marketing Programs
- Oversee and support integration for Brand Digital Marketing programs
- Collaborate and lead global brand digital marketing initiatives
- Provide guidance as needed on special projects and site features to build brand awareness or support external programs
- Develop and implement Global Online business innovations such as enhanced virtual consultation, Salon Client interactions, etc.
- Alongside Head of Global Marketing and Global Education, lead strategy for social selling aspects of brand and Flagship Salon Clienteling and engagement initiatives.
- Must have a proven track record of 10+ years of online marketing experience including at least 5-7 years in a commercially minded role. ECommerce or catalog experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to translate brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
- Must have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P/L management, digital merchandising, and marketing.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Needs to be a creative and analytical thinker and problem solver, thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail, and work well with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.