Executive Director, Global Ecommerce, la Mer Online
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. full family of brands? We're also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Faced... just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
What We Offer
- Free Product Allowance & Employee Discounts (on ELC products and also at gyms, retailers, restaurants, more)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Contributions
- Generous Parental Leave (20 weeks)
- Flexible Summer Friday options
- Benefits eligibility on day 1
- Competitive 401k company match & a company-funded retirement growth account About the Role
The La Mer Global Online business includes our brand sites, retailer.com and third-party platforms. The Executive Director, Global Ecommerce, will be responsible for developing and executing the online strategy to drive global growth. The Executive Director will work closely with regional partners to drive top line and bottom line growth across all channels, regularly reviewing operating metrics, key performance indices, and identifying opportunities for improvement. The Director will develop effective relationships with regional online business teams, share best practices and help regions activate locally-relevant commercial programming, and lead online business reviews with the markets.
The Executive Director will be responsible for delivering a branded online experience that represents the brand equity and drives engagement and conversion by anticipating the needs and exceeding the expectations of a multi-channel consumer. Responsibilities will include developing global merchandising programs, brand site user experience including new features and functionalities, promotion guidelines, site operations and analytics. This role will oversee the brand site redesign and be responsible for ongoing enhancements as well as global rollout. This role will also work with markets on optimizing performance on third party platforms such as Tmall and retailer sites.
An analytical and strategic thinker is required to balance new customer acquisition programs with retention initiatives as well as identifying and embarking on business development opportunities. Another key component of this role will be analytics and using it to identify and evolve the Online business.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Global eCommerce and will work closely with the Global Online Regionals and Affiliates, Global Functions, the NA ecommerce team, and Corporate Partners.
Strategy and Leadership
- Develop the Online strategy and priorities to accelerate the business
- Develop effective relationships with regional and affiliate teams to execute global brand and online strategies and all e/m commerce activities
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward.
- Acquisition/ retention guidelines /SEO best practices and initiatives
- Provide leadership and direction to team on all aspects of La Mer Online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
- Support onboarding of global ecommerce personnel in each region and training on Online tools leveraged globally
- Partner with regions to drive profitable ecommerce business across brand sites, retailer.com and 3PP in all regions, with a special focus on top markets
- Lead monthly business reviews with each region. Identify needs and areas of opportunity, and guide the regionals in best practices to further drive their businesses
- Conduct ongoing workshops to share e/m commerce best practices with online regionals and key markets to drive A&P effectiveness
- Synthesize and communicate business performance to key stakeholders, including Consumer Engagement, Product Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Work with regions and supply chain to ensure that forecasting is done appropriately to meet demand for key events and that inventory allocation is secured
- Budget: Support global Online LRP and budget process Commercial Activation/Merchandising
- Develop seasonal merchandising calendar to address global needs including promotions
- Drive programming for key moments such as Black Friday/Cyber Monday and work with regions to implement.
- Drive commercial innovation with new selling models
- Provide overall promotion guidelines and liaise with brand teams to continually reevaluate the needs of the business
- Partner with product marketing on Online specific needs for samples, online exclusives, etc.
- Oversee projects such as search enhancements globally and ensure execution across all markets Site experience
- Drive site redesign and rollout.
- Regularly benchmark and iterate on brand.com user experience to drive engagement and conversion, including both pre and post purchase experience.
- Identify innovations that can improve the brand site experience and work with relevant parties to execute. Drive the site feature roadmap globally
- Work with regional partners to ensure local relevancy is accounted for and provide support to make necessary adjustments at local level
- Manage brand's SEO and on site search strategy and share best practices with regions for local implementation
- Ensure regular audits and deliver a bug free environment on brand.com in collaboration with Global Production / Engineering
- Bring best in class consumer experience and programming to our brand stores on third party platforms such as Tmall Reporting & Analytics
- Analyze the business metrics and site performance globally
- Lead business analysis of all merchandising and online programs to drive continuous improvement in sales and engagement
- Calculate ROI for new program launches or new innovations Online and provide recommendations on next steps Online Retailers
- Provide best in class practices and guidelines to help markets win with online retailers e.g. merchandising, assortment, etc.
- Work with markets to identify key activations and provide global creative support
- Work with product marketing on assortment for key retailer needs
- You have 10+ years of ecommerce/digital experience, including at least 5-7 years in a commercial ecommerce role
- You have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, merchandising, marketing, site operations
- Ability to translate Brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Needs to be a creative and analytical thinker and problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- You are collaborative and comfortable working with multiple stakeholders and driving alignment; you have a proven track record of being a change agent
- You are able to multi task and manage multiple priorities, and are comfortable with ambiguity
- You have a BA/BS, and maybe an MBA
- You've preferably worked with or in Asia
- You love being part of the growth of a legendary brand
- You're excited to translate the vision of a leading prestige skincare brand in the world through digital channels
- You thrive in a super-competitive global landscape
- You live for the challenge of double-digit profitable growth in a dynamic organization
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.