Finance And Technology Manager
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : Groveport
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Manages the preparation and review for the facility's budget. Manages and monitors expenses and ensures purchase order and invoice matching and approvals are in place. Ensures the timely receipt, processing and storage of the facility's supplies. Manages the ongoing procurement of supplies for the Distribution Center and maintaining accurate supply inventory by ensuring that all requisitions and receipts are handled within standards. Manages all contracts for building including vending, fumigation, etc.
- Manages the preparation and ongoing forecasting updates and spend tracking for capital investment on DC engineering projects. Includes leading project request ROI analysis and expense saving integration into operational expense budgets as well as processing capital POs as needed to support DC projects.
- Ensures that all systems are working efficiently. Coordinates system backup and upgrades with Home Office. Acts as liaison between the facility and Home Office systems. Provides recommendations for system improvements and documents enhancement requests as well as communicates implemented enhancements. Oversees system security including AS400, server rooms and IDF cabinets. Ensures Engineered Standards' data is accurately captured and reported and provides support during ES audits.
- Manages the facility's Data Center Processing function, ensuring that all tickets, distribution, labels, and signs are printed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting requirements for use by the GM, DC Management Team, and the Home Office, including volume and OPH reporting and variance analysis to include OPH reconciliations, monthly accruals, forecasts, and journal entries. Serve as the DC lead in all year-end inventory reporting deliverables.
- Participates in Union negotiation, from Finance perspective. Responsible for calculating and presenting the finance implications resulting from agreements.
- Manages staff and develops them for future growth. Coaches staff on performance and professional development issues. Responsible for motivating staff to achieve efficiency and productivity. Conducts performance appraisals, interviews, and discipline/documentation as needed.
- Ensures that all associates within the DC, including management personnel, fully understand and are trained regarding each system's operation within the facility. Works with HO Training and Facility training function to ensure the training is consistent and functional. Assists in the development of procedural communications and manuals regarding new/revised programs for DC Management. Actively manages all security provision processes in compliance with SOX guidelines to update Associate system access levels.
- Special projects as assigned.
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree in business or equivalent work experience
Minimum Job Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of Distribution Center Operations
- Strong Finance and Purchasing Background (i.e. trend analysis, sensitivity analysis, modeling)
- General understanding of GAAP (i.e. balance sheet, P&L, accruals, journal entry process)
- Intermediate Excel/PowerPoint proficiency
- Excellent organization & communication skills
- Strong systems background
- Strong negotiating skills
- Minimum 6 years, preferably in a distribution center
- Supervisory experience preferred
Come Discover Different at TJX - we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the day - and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Financial, Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, Accounting, Finance, Technology, Engineering