Country : USA
State : South Carolina
County : York County
Town : Fort Mill
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Finance Manager will lead, direct, develop and coordinate all aspects for budgeting and monthly reporting of DC Operations expenses. Responsibilities will include variance explanations, financial reporting, finance support for DC Ops projects and ad hoc reporting. Requires solid understanding of DC processes, financial accounting reporting standards and cost accounting techniques. The position is a heavy user of spreadsheets and PC database software for analysis purposes.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Operations for accounting and financial matters. Provides financial analysis to Ross management team to assess performance and evaluate options. Provide finance support in projects, bids and other ad hoc requests.
- Lead the generation of the yearly budget and 5 year plan including assumption building and presentation materials. Present yearly budget and 5 year plan to leadership team.
- Manage, develop, oversee and review weekly/monthly forecasts of DC expenses. Resolve all discrepancies and present variance results to leadership team.
- Manage the month close process including the review of monthly accruals for completeness and accuracy and providing variance explanations. Interact with DC and corporate finance staff as required.
- Review and audit the data and tools used in supporting Operations assumptions, forecasting methodology, and final results of weekly expense forecasts. Recommend improvements in monitoring and forecasting processes and tools.
- Provide decision support for leadership team with ad hoc analysis. Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, train and develop finance team members.COMPETENCIES:
- Analysis and Judgment
- Business Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Drives ResultsQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Prior experience with supply chain or Operations analysis highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills; confidently interact with senior personnel.
- Ability to thoroughly question information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
- Understanding of budget preparation and variance analysis.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Project ManagementPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.DISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.