Finance Manager (Logistics)
Country : USA
State : South Carolina
County : York County
Town : Fort Mill
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: To lead, direct, develop and coordinate all aspects for budgeting (short and long term), forecasting and month close activities to support Distribution operations. Also responsible for tracking payroll, occupancy, other administrative and capital expenditures. This includes detailed variance analysis and various financial projects related to the DC. Also responsible for recruiting and the development of the finance team within the DC.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the Month Close process to include consolidation and reporting of DC ledger accounts, explanations of variances from budget and forecast, and generation of Journal Entries as required. Interact with corporate finance staff as required to ensure accuracy of accounting entries.
- Review and audit data and tools used in supporting the DC, assumptions, forecasting methodology, and final results of weekly expense forecasts. Recommend improvements in monitoring and forecasting processes and tools and follow through to implementation.
- Lead the generation of the yearly budget to include G&A assumptions, productivity assumptions and wage analysis. Present annual budget to operations team.
- Monitor actual distribution cost transactions in the General Ledger for errors, incorrect classification and variances from forecasts and budget.
- Review and submit monthly accruals from distribution centers for completeness and propriety. Provide explanations on changes to accrual amounts month to month.
- Assist distribution center managers in resolving their accounting questions and researching General Ledger activity. Act as a liaison between Finance and Distribution for accounting and financial matters.
- Monitor and research distribution cost (expense and capital) variances from budget and forecast.
- Provide decision support for operating management with ad hoc analysis. Other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, train and develop finance team members at the DC.COMPETENCIES:
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing and measuring work
- Problem Solving
- Building Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Managerial CourageQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required with an MBA or CPA preferred
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in logistics or distribution with emphasis on financial or operational planning and forecasting
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Understanding of budget preparation and variance analysis
- Confidentiality concerning all projects
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and changing priorities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Experience in project managementPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 lbs.Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.DISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.