Finance Manager, Selling, North America
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The key function of this role is to be the branded expert of all Selling-related categories and KPIs. Priority is providing brand partners in-depth analyses of key benchmarks within Demo (FTE inc/dec recommendations, productivity benchmarking, and retailer issues). This encompasses budget and estimate forecasting across all areas of selling while providing investigative findings based on results.
- Generate close the books reports, including variance analysis (Opex vs Revenue), highlighting Retailer-specific variances, FTE over/under usage, etc. and provide insights, isolating any timing issues, overspend, and identifying potential Risk/Opportunities to brand partners.
- Align with Channel leads on current estimate assumptions and KPIs for major key account costs and FTE.
- Align with Brand Finance partners on current estimate expectations and provide recommendations for go forward costs.
- Deliver final reports for the current estimate, recapping agreed upon actions and addressing follow ups requiring further action.
- Prepare estimates based on all data (from Channel team, brand finance and Field input) and submit to OneSource for uploading.
- Validate employee data in the new payroll report and provide OneSource with any data corrections needed.
- Provide OneSource with specific commentary and details surrounding T&E actual spend reports; identify any outliers, risks and/or opportunities for savings.
- Investigate any unresolved variances from actual close results by working with appropriate stakeholders, digging into SAP entries and providing insights to brand partners/stakeholders.
- Review updated reports from the Demo dashboard, identify any outliers, opportunities and/or risks within costs, productivity and/or FTE management.
- Present to Channel team on above findings and partner to gain a deeper understanding of root causes.
- Highlight key findings to brand partners and drive the conversation for continued engagement with the Tableau reporting.
- Prepare pre-work for the current estimate and month end close expectations with the the key brand stakeholders, Education Leads and HOS.
- Ensure corrections are made to any inconsistencies found within the Payroll report by partnering with HR.
- 5+ years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience in a fast-moving consumer products industry
- Strong analytical skills required
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Excel and financial reporting systems; Hyperion & SAP knowledge a plus
- Proactive individual looking to continuously take on additional responsibility
- Proven ability to improve processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently, even with limited guidance, and in teams
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.