General Manager 1, Distribution Center, Portland, or
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Multnomah County
Town : Portland
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
This is a leadership position that requires a combination of focus and flexibility, as well as a willingness to play an active role in the management of our supply chain network. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness and efficiency at scale.
A day in the life...
- Strategic in nature and is the functional leader of the building. This level of management takes a leading, deciding, driving and integrating approach to managing the organization.
- Supervises support and Department Managers across all shifts-responsible for all processing functional areas in achieving our customer promise through goals of safety, team and results
- Fosters and leads a collaborative culture with supporting department, HR, engineering, Learning and development, Loss prevention and inventory accuracy
- Assists in the recruiting, training and development of managers and employees
- Drives effective communication across processing areas to ensure building alignment to goals and key initiatives
- Participates as key stakeholder in building level process, capital or other improvement projects; partners with Seattle/Corporate teams as necessary
- Develops a culture within the facility that fosters associate engagement, ownership and Lean / continuous improvement
- Drives and owns facility change management supporting key Supply Chain imparities and strategies
- Responsible for achieving defined operational metrics
- Plans programs to achieve high-level business objectives established by top-level management.
- Achieves expense objectives within assigned area
- Leads and promotes LEAN philosophy across all production areas to ensure continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Demonstrated capability in managing large teams, in verbal and written communications skills and in creating effective relationships to influence and collaborate.
- Strong belief and experience in data-driven decision making
- Proven ability to build effective teams and lead through influence and collaboration
- Ability to develop reliable, cost effective systems and procedures
- Demonstrated success at identifying, developing and retaining quality talent
- Ability to relocate for future growth mobility to other Supply Chain locations