General Manager 3 Wcoc - Riverside, ca
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Riverside
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
This is a leadership position that requires a combination of focus and flexibility as well as a willingness to play an active role in the management of our supply chain network. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness and efficiency at scale.
A day in the life...
- Strategic in nature while serving as the functional leader of the building (~700 total employees). This level of management takes a leading, deciding, and driving approach to managing the organization. The facility is a balance of traditional distribution center processing infused with departments running a new playbook of highly automated, lean-driven processes.
- Supports Managers across all shifts (24x7 operation)-responsible for processing in all functional areas to achieve our customer promise through established goals of safety, team building and key metrics.
- Owns development of the management team, including competency development, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion while driving team effectiveness
- Drives recruiting, training and development of managers and employees-including partnering with key support functions to ensure short and long-term plans are well defined and executed
- Drives effective communication across the entire facility to ensure alignment on key goals and initiatives, including change management and adoption across teams
- Participates as a key stakeholder in building level processes, capital or other improvement projects; serves as a subject matter expert on network-wide improvement/efficiency programs
- Partners with Seattle-based corporate teams as necessary to make recommendations that involve resource allocation and competing priorities
- Responsible for achieving defined operational metrics
- Plans programs to achieve high-level business objectives established by top-level management.
- Achieves expense objectives within assigned area
- Lead and promote Lean philosophy across production areas to ensure continuous improvement occurs in all processes/procedures
- Develops a culture of Safety in the organization as defined by key metrics
You own this it you have...
- A minimum of 10 years of Supply Chain leadership experience in Distribution, Fulfillment or similar environment.
- Undergraduate or graduate-level degree in related discipline a plus.
- Proven track record of leading a large-scale site of 500,000+ sqft and leading/supporting over 500 employees
- Demonstrated capability in managing large teams, using well-developed verbal and written communications skills
- Proven ability to build effective relationships to influence and collaborate.
- Prior experience in implementing and leading/sponsoring Lean initiatives as part of continuous improvement
- Strong belief and experience in data-driven decision making
- Ability to develop reliable, repeatable, and cost-effective systems and procedures
- Demonstrated success at identifying, developing and retaining quality talent