Global Executive Director of Ecommerce, Bobbi Brown
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Who We Are
Sure, you know Estée Lauder, but do you know the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. full family of brands? We're also MAC, Clinique, La Mer, Origins, Bobbi Brown, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble and Too Faced... just to name a few. You know us. You love us. Why not work with us?
With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Alley in Manhattan's Flatiron District, we connect with our customers anytime, anywhere, from any device. We're committed to innovation, working with the best tools and technologies available to help our shoppers seamlessly navigate the digital world of beauty. ELC Online is a collaborative work environment that hums with the buzz of 80% female leadership. It's also home to bold technologists, marketers and ecommerce renegades who are shaping the future of beauty.
What We Offer
- Free Product Allowance & Employee Discounts (on ELC products and also at gyms, retailers, restaurants, more)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Contributions
- Generous Parental Leave (20 weeks)
- Flexible Summer Friday options
- Benefits eligibility on day 1
- Competitive 401k company match & a company-funded retirement growth account About the Role
The Executive Director of eCommerce will manage the global ecommerce business partnering with regional ecommerce leads to drive overall growth. The ecommerce business includes our brand sites, retailer.com and third-party platforms. He/She will be responsible for developing the global online marketing calendar, merchandising programs, brand site user experience, and site operations, analytics and working with Creative to deliver assets for the Online channels. The Executive Director will oversee a team responsible for marketing, analytics and site experience.
The Executive Director will work across various teams (Consumer Engagement, Education, Creative, and product marketing) to create a branded online experience that represents the brand equity and drives engagement and conversion by anticipating the needs and exceeding the expectations of a multi-channel consumer. The Executive Director will also interface with the product-related teams to understand upcoming product innovations, technologies and services to both provide Online expertise so these products can meet the needs of the online consumer and also to ensure they are integrated appropriately into the Online calendar and programming.
The Executive Director will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Global Online and will work closely with the NA and internationally located regional eCommerce teams.
Strategy and Leadership
- Build seasonal ecommerce strategy and ensure all projects support the Bobbi Brown brand strategy and contribute to BobbiBrown.com and Retailer.com growth
- Lead business analysis of all programs and establish programs to drive continuous improvement
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward.
- Provide leadership and direction to team on all aspects of Bobbi Brown Online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency. P/L Management
- Work with regions to understand business performance and key drivers and identify opportunities to improve
- Synthesize and communicate business performance to key stakeholders
- Analyze the business metrics and site performance
- Calculate ROI for new program launches or new innovations Online and provide recommendations on next steps Marketing
- Develop and implement the seasonal online marketing calendars to marry the offline marketing initiatives.
- Create online only content and events throughout the seasons which enable a best in class experience for the consumer while meeting/exceeding the weekly sales plan. Lead team in executing seasonal vision from concept to launch.
- Partner with creative to ensure assets meet ecommerce needs - team will work on creative briefs and asset checklists and work in a 360 way across other functions to deliver a cohesive program
- Partner with regions to deliver content that is relevant at market level - create content for key big occasions at local level
- Deliver guidance for marketing mix and key holiday promotional mix
- Oversee projects such as search enhancements globally and ensure execution across all markets
- Provide overall promotion guidelines and liaise with brand teams to continually reevaluate the needs of the business Onsite experience
- Regularly benchmark and iterate on brand.com user experience to drive engagement and conversion. Drive the site feature roadmap globally
- Identify innovations (technical or merchandising related) that can improve the brand site experience and work with relevant parties to execute
- Work with regional partners to ensure local relevancy is accounted for and provide support to make necessary adjustments at local level
- Regularly audit and deliver a bug free environment on brand.com Online Retailers
- Develop strategy to drive retailer sales and marketing programs to support the online and brand strategy.
- Work with markets to identify key activations and provide global creative support
- Work with product marketing on assortment for key retailer needs
- Must have a proven track record in running a successful ecommerce business that demonstrated significant year over year growth.
- Must be able to translate offline brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision. Must mirror the values and positioning of the brand at all times.
- Strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, merchandising and marketing, and vendor selection and management.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Ability to identify, communicate and inspire an organization around the next generation of ecommerce experience to dramatically grow the business, and be able to work through tough issues and overcome challenges while maintaining good relationships.
- Needs to be a creative thinker and problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Big-picture thinker and experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- Asia work experience preferred
- Ability to read and write Mandarin a plus