Global Raw Material Planner
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
We are looking for an Raw Materials Planner who will bring support, organization and above all else, personality to our team. You will bring a data-driven and collaborative mindset to help design and execute future-focused global supply planning processes and achieve outstanding service levels and inventory turns on LS&Co's products. You will report to the Global Resource Planning Manager, Global Supply Management.
About the Job
- Analyze global supply network and production plans to identify and report on opportunities / risks related to raw material position
- Support Manager in the design and implementation of new ERP tool to better improve sourcing decisions and material use
- Receive unconstrained and constrained production requests and then create raw material projection and procurement plan
- Plan and track raw materials booking, allocation and delivery to finished goods vendor to ensure required delivery dates are met
- Actively evaluate and address supply and resource constraints to meet needs of the regional markets (e.g. negotiate capacities and lead times with Sourcing teams and Vendors, identify cross-sourcing opportunities)
- Work with regional sourcing teams and vendors on raw material and capacity staging/buffers strategies to provide flexibility in product replenishment
- Monitor and report on raw material inventories staged at suppliers to ensure vendors are not building excess stock that creates risk
- Reconcile raw material liability and find solution to reduce and eliminate financial impacts to the company
- 1+ years working in a supply chain function such as raw material planning, supply planning, inventory management, operations management and manufacturing, etc.
- Apparel or consumer package goods experience is a HUGE BONUS!
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to working directly with senior level directors
- Impeccable communication skills across all channels with an ability to get the message across over video meeting, in person meeting, email, phone
- Experience working with an ERP system