Global Travel Manager, Travel & Events
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Communication
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
We are looking for a Tapestry Global Travel Manager, Travel and Events to join our expanding Global Procurement team.
In this role you will lead the Tapestry Global Travel, Meetings and Events team. You will be responsible, together with your team, to manage our internal strategies and programs for Travel, Meetings and Events (offsites/conferences). The purpose of the role is to understand business needs and to satisfy these in a sustainable and cost-effective manner. You will develop and maintain our internal guidelines, routines and process. In addition, you will partner closely with our Global Procurement team, ensuring the best practice external suppliers are selected. Stakeholders supported by this role will include but will not be limited to senior leaders across all business across the Tapestry enterprise.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Procurement and Travel to...
- Work with category lead on supplying regular business intelligence/dashboards and metrics to senior business leaders.
- Provide commercial guidance on business intelligence so that leaders can understand and act upon it.
- Participate in the development of our workplace operations strategy and contribute to its execution.
- Develop our Travel, Meetings and Events strategy and secure its execution.
- Monitor the development and maintenance of our internal guidelines, routines and processes for Travel, Meetings and Events, and secure their implementation.
- Maintain and improve ways of working and processes for the function, ensuring we continuously improve our performance.
- Manage a strong Travel, Meetings and Events team and secure its success.
- Ensure the capabilities of all third party Travel, Meetings and Events suppliers.
- Develop strategic policies and programs for corporate travel.
- Handle and oversee all travel operations.
- Manage relationships with service providers and vendors, including contract and rate negotiations.
- Ensure Tapestry colleagues have a smooth and seamless travel booking experience.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of the travel program and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement of the travel program, evaluate current systems and make recommendations.
- Network with the travel industry to evaluate options for additional technologies and services.
- Remain current on industry changes through participation in local and national business travel organizations
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Ability to produce detailed analytics and educate senior leaders based on that data.
- Proven experience managing a corporate travel function for a medium to large sized global organization.
- 3-5 years Travel Operations / Procurement experience.
- Experience managing an appointed Travel Management Company to ensure consistency with policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with T & E reporting and processing workflows.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Travel and expense system experience - Egencia and Concur experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal guidelines, routines and ways of working and to drive the implementation in the organization including change management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Understanding of budget preparation, financial analysis and procurement.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent in English together with strong communication skills.
- Accustomed to working in a high paced international environment where change is the only constant.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.