Group Vice President, Product Sourcing
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
About Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc. Since 1982, our focus has been on bringing our customers a constant stream of high quality brands and trends at extraordinary savings, while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience. We believe in keeping things simple: no expensive signage, displays or fancy fixtures - to us, it's far more meaningful to pass greater savings on to our customers with on trend apparel, accessories, footwear, and home furnishings. With more than 1,800 stores, including Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS, we are the nation's largest off-price retail chain, and we continue to grow at a rate far outpacing traditional retail.
With corporate headquarters located in Dublin, CA, we have three buying offices positioned in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, as well as six state-of-the-art distribution centers across the country. With FY2019 revenues of $16 billion, we are a Fortune 500, S&P 500, and Nasdaq 100 Company, committed to offering an inclusive, safe and positive workplace. Come see what's in store.
At Ross you will find an organization that invites you to be your authentic self. As part of the Ross family you will experience:
- A respectful culture embedded with collaborative partnerships and humility
- Opportunities to give back to your community through national charities, local volunteer initiatives, and our Ross Cares Fund
- A significant investment in your career through extensive onboarding programs, continuous learning opportunities, ongoing development and the opportunity to work with engaged and knowledgeable industry leaders
Additional information is available at: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/about
About this opportunity
The Group Vice President, Product Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing a holistic sourcing strategy that balances direct vendors, agent partners, and country of origin diversity with value costing, to deliver products that support merchant strategies. The GVP, Product Sourcing will work closely with merchant leaders to identify, develop, produce and deliver on-trend value products that meet merchant requirements. This will include identifying gaps in assortments and introducing novelty, newness, breadth, diversity and value. The GVP, Product Sourcing will oversee, direct and develop a dynamic sourcing team with the goal to deliver exceptional product that exceeds our customers' expectations.
Who you are
- You bring 20+ years of sourcing/product development experience. With extensive vendor/ factory relationships. Experience in off price/value sector a plus
- You have a collaborative working style and the ability to balance the internal needs of the organization with those of your global partners
- You have effective written and verbal skills, and experience communicating and negotiating with international partners
- You are a strong critical thinker with a solution-oriented approach. You can independently analyze information and make recommendations
- You have experience leading and developing a team
- You are open to domestic and international travel
- You have relevant language experience, a plus, but not required: i.e. Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi
- You have a Bachelor's degree (preferred)
Perks and Benefits of joining our team
Our Associates are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to offer a range of benefits that reflect how much we value their contributions. Here's a peek into what you can expect as an eligible Ross Associate:
- A broad range of affordable health insurance options*, 401(k) with employer match*, life insurance*
- Ample PTO, paid holidays, and Summer Fridays, as well as the opportunity to purchase additional vacation*
- Employee stock purchase plan*
- Charitable donations matched by Ross Stores Foundation
- Enhanced maternity and bonding leaves with 100% income replacement*
- Parent support programs
- And more...
- eligibility may vary based on level and tenure, subject to change
At Ross & dd's we care about our Associates and the communities we serve. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture that respects, values and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us.