HR Business Partner - Nyx Retail
Section 1: General Information Job Title: HR Business Partner – NYX Retail Function: Human Resources FLSA status: Exempt Division: Consumer Products Division (CPD) Supervisor Title: AVP – Human Resources Location: El Segundo, CA Date: July 2019 Section 2: Job Summary: Serve as HR business partner for Retail, currently 42 Free Standing Stores. Maintain a high level of proximity to the business and employees. Oversee recruitment, selection, integration, performance management, training and development, employee relations and all other day to day HR activities for the field. The Human Resources Manager, will work closely with the field sales management team in developing and implementing the regional employee strategy, creating the culture and driving the strategy within the regional store network. Leverage HR processes and drive key HR initiatives to support overall strategic business objectives. Serves as example to embody NYX Cosmetics’ core values, spirit and principles. Position requires proven experience of a multi-unit/multi-state store network. This position is located in Southern CA and will travel up to 25% of the time. Section 3: Job Requirements: -College degree required preferred focus in Psychology, Org Dev, HR, etc.-Prior retail/free standing store HR experience, minimum 3 years a must-Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)-Experience in handling multiple locations, time zones, and complex ER issues-Flexible, adaptable, ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity-Results orientation-High degree of executive maturity with ability to influence others-Good presentation/facilitation skills Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making: This position requires a minimal level of supervision and sound judgment and discretion handling sensitive human resources issues. Work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines juggling multiple priorities. The AVP of HR is consulted on issues that have division or company-wide impact prior to final approval. Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:NA Section 6: Financial Scope: N/A Annual Budget Responsibility: Work closely with salary planning, retail and finance team. Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities% of time spent
- Employee RelationsProvide on-going coaching and counsel to Retail Management team. Enforce workplace policies, including conducting investigations and recommending course of action. 60%
- Training/Performance ManagementFacilitation of performance management/leadership/people development training 15%
- Always recruiting within territory to attract high caliber talent at field/retail level, build network and talent pipeline is assigned region through creative partnerships and relationships within community
- Responsible for full recruitment cycle at store management level, recruitment at field level
- Promote awareness of NYX Cosmetics as best place to work 10%
- Talent Management:
- Manage succession planning and movement of field/retail talent. Monitor the bench strength of the territory, identify high-potential talent, oversee career-pathing and management development
- Retail Talent Review 10%
- Annual Salary Exercise Process, Special Assignments/Ad-Hoc Projects as assigned by VP, HR 5%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.