Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a truly global brand. Today the company has a total of more than 1,200 stores in 14 markets worldwide including Japan, China, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K. and U.S. In addition, Grameen UNIQLO, a social business established in Bangladesh in September 2010, opened its two first stores in Dhaka in July 2013. UNIQLO operates an integrated business model under which it designs, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality, casual apparel. The company believes that truly great clothes should be supremely comfortable, feature universal designs, are of high quality and offer a superb fit to everyone who wears them.
With a corporate statement committed to changing clothes, changing conventional wisdom and change the world, Fast Retailing is dedicated to creating great clothing with new and unique value to enrich the lives of people everywhere. For more information about UNIQLO and Fast Retailing, please visit www.uniqlo.com and www.fastretailing.com.
- Ensures fairness and accuracy in HR documentation and file management provides HR guidance to managers on employee relations issues.
- Support onboarding through Workday of all new employees including initiating correct system access and set up
- Acts a single point of contact for employee questions/concerns.
- Compliance with all current employment laws. Guides and advises managers in USA employment law matters.
- Provides HR support in organizational change initiatives including talent acquisition, communications, terminations, promotions and new hires.
- Partner closely with hiring managers and assist with the recruiting process: defining jobs and specs, providing guidance as needed.
- Investigates and resolves a variety of employee relations issues (e.g., EEOC claims, harassment, discrimination, ethics, resolve, etc.).
- Works with managers to find solutions to employee performance issues and handles disciplinary actions to conclusion.
- Ensures effective and good working relationships and exchange of best practices with global HR practices. Actively supports management-employee engagement activities.
- Ensures consistency in all execution of HR policies and practices.
- Other related duties to be assigned by direct supervisor.
- 4+ years HR experience retail and/or wholesale environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure and direct supervision.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and problem solve multiple requests simultaneously.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using Workday & ADP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with highly sensitive matters.
Posting Notes: NY || New York (US-NY) || United States (US) || Experienced Professional || Corporate || UNIQLO || EX:OUT || UNIQLO ||