Human Resources Business Partner - st Louis, mo
Country : USA
State : Missouri
County : Cole County
Town : Jefferson City
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
The HR Business Partner executes people strategies that support operational goals and objectives and drives performance. Responsible for associate relations, team engagement, performance management, and succession planning across a multi-store environment. Partners with District Managers, Asset Protection, Store Operations, Merchandising and Talent Acquisition business partners to ensure associate capability and capacity continuously improves with the purpose of attaining goals and objectives.
- Provides consultation and advice to the District Managers/General Managers to identify Human Resources gaps, opportunities and risk associated with the business unit strategy and operating plans. Ensures consistent guidance, execution and counseling in the administration of Human Resource policies; and identifies global issues and solutions.
- Oversees the development and implementation of succession planning and talent review process that identify top talent, exposes talent gaps and builds management capabilities in stores.
- Oversees and advises in the resolution of associate relations issues with in-stores organization. Partners with District Managers/General Managers, Asset Protection, and Legal on issues that pose significant risk to the business. Identifies macro level issues and develops initiatives that will correct and mitigate those issues.
- Monitors store engagement and continuously looks for creative solutions with improved engagement through HR initiatives. Advises District Managers/General Managers on actions that will improve engagement and current roadblocks that are inhibiting team engagement.
- Provides input to HR leadership on strategies/programs needed to improve overall associate experience in stores.
- Counsels with management of assigned district or business unit to identify and address gaps between business unit needs and workforce capabilities.
- Partners in the development of strategic communications tailored to the business unit to enable understanding of both HR and business unit challenges.
- Works closely with business partners in Store Operations, Merchandising, Recruiting, Associate Development, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management, and Legal, to support initiatives across all areas.
- Partners with Asset Protection on associate investigations, high shrink stores and locations with poor audit results.
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience as a generalist from a large company setting.
- Multi-unit experience preferred; retail merchandising strongly preferred
- Strong leadership skills and experience working with all levels effectively with the ability to influence, work collaboratively, resolve conflict and gain consensus across a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings
- Proven ability to get things done-proactive, results oriented, excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and project management skills and ability to consistently manage multiple priorties.
- Exceptions partnering, collaboration, and influencing skills; strong professional presence, with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); strong reporting, data management skills.
- Ability to maintain strict HR standards of confidentiality and adhere to high ethical standards.JCPenney, one of the nation's largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 850 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.