Icebreaker: Dtc Merchandise Planner
Country : USA
State : Colorado
County : Denver County
Town : Denver
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and profitability. Manage the financial success of several departments by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals. Create pre-season sales, and gross margin plans by department that support product strategies. Reconcile top-down to bottom-up department plans. Maintain regional in-season demand plans by reviewing historical and current trends weekly and adjusting monthly demand plans as required then summarizing forecast changes to stakeholders identifying risks and opportunities by department. Manage demand against the committed supply plans and communicate shortages/excesses to the regional inventory, sales and marketing teams. Respond to inventory shortages/excesses by managing inbound shipments/shipping modes, pursuing trading opportunities between sales channels and recommend actions such as markdowns to ensure closing stock position and EOL sell down targets are met. Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Work with the Operations Manager to create open to buy forecasts, re-forecast sales and manage inventory to meet department financial goals. Analyze sales trends and inventory levels and work with Allocations to ensure appropriate levels of inventory to meet in stock targets. Work with cross functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store openings. Develop knowledge of geographic and store-attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field communication.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and many associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It's who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers' lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
We are looking for a skilled DTC Merchandise Planner to join our VF Family.
Come join our icebreaker team at VF's new headquarters in Denver, Colorado!
- Experience supporting the generation of profitable growth in retail and/or eCom
- Strong understanding of the region's retail environment
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving capability and skill
- Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- High level of commercial acumen and proven track record of effective qualitative and quantitative judgement and decision making
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and appetite to learn new systems
- Strong relationship building, communication, time management and prioritization skills
- Outstanding customer service standards and skills
- Knows the retail levers & tactics: sell through, turnover, traffic, conversion, basket size
- Versatile with the ability to adapt to change and successfully work with ambiguity
- Consumer-centric mind-set with prior retail experience preferred
- Proven to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured creative environmentEducational/ Position Requirements:
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years Retail/Ecom planning experience desired, preferably in the Apparel industrySpecial Requirements:
- Travel estimated at 20% of the time