Icebreaker: Head of Regional Marketing
Country : USA
State : Colorado
County : Denver County
Town : Denver
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We're a community of passionate, authentic and adventurous achievers bringing quality, natural performance apparel to the world, ethically and sustainably. In 1995 we pioneered the merino performance apparel industry from New Zealand's windy little capital. Today, we're a global brand with teams in New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, Germany, France and Switzerland. Together we're pushing the boundaries of natural fiber and stocking more than 5000 stores across 50 countries.
Our purpose goes beyond clothing. We believe in a future based on natural alternatives. We are on a mission to help consumers rethink their relationship with clothing and drive a movement to natural apparel. We're a fast moving, nimble business - the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference. Sustainability isn't just a feature of our products, it's in the values and design of our business.
View our Transparency Report here:
We are looking for an experienced Head of Regional Marketing to join Icebreaker and our VF Family.
Come join our Icebreaker North America Team at VF's new headquarters in Denver, Colorado!POSITION OVERVIEW
As the marketing leader of Icebreaker's North America's, you will own the vision, strategy and execution of all brand demand creation initiatives in region. He or she will be responsible for driving brand awareness and setting the vision and strategy as to how the Icebreaker brand can lead and ignite a natural apparel movement in the region. The Head of Marketing owns the regional marketing budget, marketing plan and plays a lead role in ensuring the brand delivers on the annual commercial plans and goals. He or she is responsible for bringing the brand to life across all marketing touchpoints and channels. In this role, he or she will lead and develop an integrated marketing team while working in partnership with the brand's Global Marketing team and cross-functional stakeholders. He or she will identify the regional approach for bringing global initiatives to life in North America. He or she will champion the voice of the consumer in region while championing insight-driven marketing ideas and mining the market landscape to understand consumer insights and opportunities.
- Regional leader of North America's marketing team, both brand marketing and digital/performance marketing.
- Ensure commercial revenue and margin targets are achieved through effective investment in demand creation initiatives
- Responsible for activating the Icebreaker brand in region and driving growth in brand awareness, consideration and conversion through the execution of fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- Translate brand objectives into clear regional marketing strategies, develop annual integrated marketing plans and oversee the integrated marketing calendar
- Own development of regional marketing goals, objectives and measurement process for evaluating annual marketing plan. Ongoing evaluation of effectiveness and marketing initiatives ROI.
- Own regional marketing budget, including identifying allocation choices across channels, marketing vehicles and seasonal initiatives.
- Lead vision and strategy for all regional marketing touchpoints (above and below the line touchpoints) and channel marketing (retail, wholesale, ecommerce), ensuring a cohesive integrated marketing plan is deployed to support the consumer journey.
- Lead the regional digital marketing strategy, defining and implementing a comprehensive strategy and bold vision that will transform the digital presence of the Icebreaker brand in region.
- Lead all regional relationship marketing strategies and initiatives to drive brand love, advocacy and an emotional connection with the brand.
- Accountable for the relationship, deliverables and performance of our media partners, advertising creative partners and other agency(s) as plans dictate.
- Own holistic promotional strategy to support all channel growth while protecting the brands equity in the market
- Be in the "in-region champion of the consumer", requiring knowledge of the regional marketplace and the brand's relative positioning in it, offering key regional insights that will help shape the storytelling and brand experiences.
- Ownership of regional competitive landscape, staying abreast of competitors positioning, marketing strategies and providing insights and opportunities where relevant. Steward in region marketing communications to ensure across touchpoints and channels all communications clearly define and execute Icebreaker's point of difference. Maintain brand messaging hierarchy and educate and evangelize on its use.
- Lead internal and external partners in identifying consumer and brand research needs
QUALIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 10+ years experience in brand marketing, preferably a consumer centric/brand image driven industry, including apparel or a consumer packaged goods, preferably experience supporting both established brands as well as start-up/emerging brands
- 5+ years in a Brand Marketing leadership role with clear ownership of marketing strategy, planning, budgeting and measuring ROI
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing, including CRM lifecycle marketing experience with a data mindset and consumer journey planning and execution experience
- Hands-on experience developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns, including experience with both brand-building and acquisition marketing initiatives
- Experience with multi-channel communications planning, using data to identify insights and build strategies for social content
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to drive ongoing lifecycle/engagement marketing
The Ideal Candidate:
- Consumer centric thought leader with proven experience in brand management and brand marketing
- Demonstrates a strong consumer and brand obsessed mindset
- Has experience both influencing and presenting to executive leadership teams
- Strong influencer with a passion to put the consumer first
- Has a breadth of brand marketing experience spanning launching start up brands, repositioning established brands and driving brand growth in new categories
- Hands on experience across a breadth of marketing touchpoints (Email, database management, print, media, social, event, database, email, direct mail, PR, OOH and TV).
- Marketing technology savvy with a strong understanding of CRM, database management, segmentation and marketing automation and demonstrated ability working directly or indirectly with martech operational tools