Internal Audit Operational Audit Manager
Country : USA
State : District of Columbia
County : District of Columbia
Town : Washington
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
A day in the life...
- Lead the evolution and maintenance of the Internal Audit's credit risk assessment to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes and ensure Internal Audit resources are focused on the most significant risks and issues.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and attend appropriate meetings to keep department up to date on Credit initiatives and risks (e.g., Business, Compliance).
- Propose the scope of future audits and partner with IA management on developing Credit's audit plan.
- Be the IA point person for TD Credit Management.
- Lead, support and/or perform operational audits of varying complexity through all phases of the audit (planning, fieldwork, reporting) in conformance with International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Execute audit engagements and perform audit procedures, including evaluating key business process risks and controls, reviewing and analyzing audit evidence/documents, conducting interviews and surveys, documenting processes, and test results to support conclusions
- Identify and document audit findings and recommendations that strengthen controls and improves processes
- Prepare and review audit reports that are accurate, clear, and concise
- On an ad-hoc basis, partner with company financial, operational and information technology groups to perform SOX risk assessment, conduct SOX walk throughs, assess control design, test control operating effectiveness, and evaluate deficiency remediation.
- 7+ years of public accounting/audit experience preferably with a big 4 public accounting firm
- Financial services/credit consumer auditing experience and knowledge of related regulatory requirements and guidelines preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years of supervisory or project management experience
- Strong knowledge of internal auditing, risk assessment, control design and testing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to simplify complex issues.
- Working knowledge of main governance standards and framework, including
- IIA Standards, Code of Ethics and COSO
- SOX act regulations (Section 302, 404, AS5, PCAOB, etc.)
- Financial Reporting and US GAAP
- Internal controls and their relation to the financial statements
- Proven experience of evaluating complex data and drawing logical conclusions
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Retail, Financial Services, FMCG, Technology, or similar Industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- High level of ownership, accountability, initiative, and customer service