International Transportation Manager
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
Working under general supervision and located at the JCPenney office in Plano, TX, the Manager International Transportation will report to the Sr. Manager International Logistics up to Director Transportation. The position will be a key member of the Transportation leadership team and partners closely with leaders in Supply Chain, Sourcing, International Buying Offices (IBO), Merchandising, Finance, Procurement, and external transportation providers to meet our cost / service objectives. The principal business outcome of this position is to play a key role for the inbound flow of merchandise from the overseas supplier base to JCPenney facilities.
- Play a lead role in managing the capacity and performance of the ocean carrier base.
- Responsible for managing the harbor drayage providers to meet cost and service objectives.
- Assist Sr. Manager in the management of the 3rd party cross dock and deconsolidation facilities.
- Active role in managing carrier relations activities including strategy development and RFP activities.
- Analyze cost data to determine appropriate actions to meet / exceed financial targets.
- Monitor, report, and improve KPI's across the international network.
- Monitor 3rd party facilities and ensure sites meet established SLA's and limit financial exposure for JCP.
- Manage inbound container prioritization with carriers / 3PL providers and execute exception reporting.
- Demonstrates leadership
- Drive results
- Implements with excellence
- Prior international experience or direct exposure / knowledge of JCP network flow.
- Knowledge of JCPenney systems a plus.
- Hold a degree in Business, Economics, Logistics, or in a related field.
- Logistics core competencies; sense of urgency, strong critical thinking and analytics skillset.
- Able to act and make independent decisions as well as work effectively in a team environment.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements.
- Ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems and implement solutions.
- Collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Continuous improvement mind set, including the ability to innovate and simplify legacy processes.