Inventory Control Clerk
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Burlington County
Town : Westampton
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The DC Clerk I is a skilled associate who has obtained super-user knowledge within one or more areas of warehouse management system (WMS) directed processes. The DC Clerk I checks, investigates, and verifies inbound, processing, and/or outbound product for accuracy with the assistance of technology and WMS. Specifically, within the Inventory Control Department, the DC Clerk I is tasked with focusing on quality and inventory controls and value-added-services (VAS) in accordance with established policies and procedures. While on the operating floor, a DC Clerk I cross-trains to effectively operate, assist, and interact across other departments in a professional and collaborative manner based on the needs of the department, facility, and Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checks, calculates, and verifies inbound and outbound freight for accuracy.
- Handles any errors and communicates these problems/concerns with the Lead and/or Area Manager.
- Checks specified percentage of merchandise to verify contents.
- Physically verifies contents, quantity and quality of merchandise in individual cartons in location.
- Scans and enters case counts, styles, and SKUs into the data base
- Attaches labels/pallet IDs
- Perform regular cycle counts of locations to meet quarterly goals and reports on issues.
- Operate power equipment for the efficient transportation, delivery, and retrieval of merchandise to various locations throughout the distribution center Operate power equipment to cycle count product in high rack locations
- Assist other associates in the proper execution of established procedures
- Motivates co-workers in completing defined tasks and achieving established goals
- Engage partner departments and associates in problem-solving activities to assure service outcomes meet expectations
- Functional subject matter expert for one or more areas of WMS directed processes
- Responsible for the proper handling and safe use of all Company owned property, tools, and equipment, including PPE, power equipment, voice equipment, etc.
- Promotes and maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Promotes safety at all times and reports safety violations to the appropriate DC Lead, Supervisor, and/or Area Manager
- Conducts duties in compliance with OSHA safety standards, MSDS, Camuto Group Motorized Equipment Policy, and location specific policies, paying special attention to pedestrian/equipment traffic.
- Communicates problems/concerns to the appropriate DC Lead, Supervisor, and/or Area Manager Other duties as instructed by leadership, including various duties performed within DC Material Handler, DC Processor, and/or DC Power Equipment Operator roles, which the associate is trained and skilled to perform
- Crosstrain in order to effectively operate and assist within other departments based on the needs of the department, facility, and Company
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, propose resolutions, and communicate the outcome to the appropriate operational partners and site leadership
- Expert understanding of system directed processes, with the strong ability to train new and existing associates on automated conveyor-based, RF, and/or VoCollect processes
- Advanced PC skills, including Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Ability to read and recognize applicable numbers and directives, including safety rules, operating instructions, racking locations, and procedural documents
- Ability to perform duties independently, and lead others as a team
- Frequent bending, lifting, walking, pushing, pulling of freight, standing for long periods of time and sometimes working in extreme temperatures
- (3) + years of warehouse, distribution, logistics, or fulfillment experience preferred but not required
- Minimum of (1) year experience with WMS (HighJump preferred) required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience working within an automated conveyor-based operation is preferred
- Knowledgeable and skilled using various site equipment, such as VoCollect voice, RF scanner, motorized equipment