Inventory Planner - Women's Wovens
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
Pre-season: Own department pre-season planning through seasonal tops-down financial planning, item level buy-plans, and assortment architecture. Create strategic pre-season alignment across functional teams.
In-season: Owns department in-season yield management through monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment and in-season pricing.What you'll do
- Manage to sales, gross margin, and inventory goals by creating compelling pre-season strategies and inventory investments at the style level to support
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop comprehensive pre-season strategies that align financial and product opportunities across multiple categories
- Create department and class pre-season sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that align to company budget targets and support compelling commercial plans
- Create inventory investment (style-color level buy) plans that support brand product strategies and hit divisional financial plans inclusive of sales, margin, IMU%, and inventory targets
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage monthly open to buy forecast; incorporate current trends to maximize opportunities and mitigate risks to achieve pre-season plans
- Maximize profitability through strategic pricing decisions with a focus on the omni customer experience
- Manage inventory and pricing strategy to exceed budgeted results
- Cultivate strong working relationships multiple cross-functional partners to ensure business success
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
- Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Drive for Results: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
- Organizational Agility: Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- Technical Learning: Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications)