IT Business Consultant
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Denton County
Town : Denton
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Drawing upon previous knowledge and experience, provides guidance to the business unit(s) the IT organization relating to systems and capabilities. Manages the team who designs, delivers and maintains high-quality business solutions.
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Drives requirement gathering sessions to analyze and document business partner's needs for assigned projects.
- Collaborates with 3rd parties and other groups inside the company on cross-functional requirements.
- Translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications. Works on highly complex projects across multiple systems.
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise's competitive edge. Assists with the identification of solutions for the business units; may lead build vs. buy decisions.
- Actively works with Architects to drive business solutions.
- May lead negotiations of agreements and commitments by facilitating communications between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Utilizes a broader perspective of existing integrations to give guidance and leadership support to QA. Works in tandem with Project Manager(s) and technical teams on implementation plans.
- Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Creates clear and coherent written materials. Communicates effectively with IT Management, customers and peers.
- Actively seeks out new business relationships with the business and IT and builds upon existing ones. Coaches and provides approval to other business analysts on their approach for business analysis. Communicates project decisions and outcomes to high level management.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered as a substitute for a degree in some cases
- 3-5 Years of relevant technical or business work experience
- Thorough understanding of software development processes and methodologies
- Ability to work across more than one professional discipline (for instance, Merchandising & Transportation)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills needed; ability to drive solutions to complex problems. Finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Has a working knowledge of trends and best practices in their particular area of discipline.
- Ability to collaborate with groups and lead discussions toward setting and achieving goals and create cross-departmental plans to achieve them
- Communicates effectively with peers, customers and vendors in both verbal and written formats
- Can self-prioritize work required to achieve goals and can assist others with supervision and prioritization of project-related goals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Microsoft Project.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Manhattan WMS preferred.
- Experience using Manhattan Integration Framework to pull messages from troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Manhattan WMS database schema and data retrieval.
- Moderate to advanced level SQL Skill
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complementary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.